ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 2557095
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Maverick, just like bronze said... "Well, my mind works like that sometime...and to help out Zega, I think it matters how you pronounce ordinary, I do it like or-din-air-ee, but I think some people do it like ord-nair-ee." can it still be an entry? D:

@ Ernie, you copied mine!
My entry on page 1:

The pond is a pond.
No ordinary old pond.
It is just a pond.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

@ Ernie, you copied mine!

I didn't even read that page! I'll make a new one.

This is cursed bad pond.
My friend Ziggy drowned in there.
His body remains.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

This is cursed bad pond.

Sorry, that line should say "This is one cursed pond".

Other than that mistake, that is my entry.
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Are there merits rewarded for the winner?

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I don't think there are right now. Maybe in the future... but I doubt it? I'm not really on a position to comment on who gets what merits :P

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Are there merits rewarded for the winner?

Not as yet, but I'm contacting mod(s) about this. I tried strop, but he redirected me to a differnt mod. And I hope to get this stickied, but theres other contest (fakemon, pokemon, picture changing, etc) that arn't stickied, so I dunno...

Maverick, just like bronze said... "Well, my mind works like that sometime...and to help out Zega, I think it matters how you pronounce ordinary, I do it like or-din-air-ee, but I think some people do it like ord-nair-ee." can it still be an entry? D:

Sure, but for future references, I'll use a dictionary to decide if the sylabuls are correct/incorrect. Just to avoid confusion.
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Not as yet, but I'm contacting mod(s) about this. I tried strop, but he redirected me to a differnt mod. And I hope to get this stickied, but theres other contest (fakemon, pokemon, picture changing, etc) that arn't stickied, so I dunno...

Try Zophia. She has been on quite a bit.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Try Zophia. She has been on quite a bit.

Well, I just contacted Estel, but if he can't/doesnt help, then I'll try Zoph. I don't want to contact two mods right after the other, that would be weird when the thing there about to do has already happened, and plus, its kinda rude.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Well, I've contacted Strop, but he told me to contact somebody else. I've contacted Estel, but I've gotten no messages back on the subject, and Zoph has got her comments closed so now I'm just trying to find any mod really. I've gone for the three mods who seem to post a bit in the AMW section, and I feel the matter is too trivial to contact carlie...

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

and Zoph has got her comments closed so now I'm just trying to find any mod really.

You can try posting in her art thread, and we have 8(?) Haikus right now, so I think that is enough for a comfortable top 3.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I just saw Zoph right now... just complimented her on her art, so she's around right now...

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

gleaming from a lemon sun
silence and peace come over
tiny minnows and catails surrond
yes, you have found nirvana

HAHAHA! WIN!

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts