ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3069773
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
LupineStorm
LupineStorm
2 posts
Nomad

My ascension now
On ethereal wings so pure
Departure for me.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

He's gone from us now
he was a friend and colleague
goodbye orion

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

So Fallen and Ernie are judges.

And still Admin. Hehe.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

I already entered one. look on 153 lol

I know, I know, I was talking about those who haven't entered yet, and all the next themes to come ^^.

Could've fooled me. I seriously didn't know that. o.o

Yeah, it's my main excuse to avoid more serious community sections; sometimes I use words I'm not familiar with, and it causes quite a misunderstanding. It's also the principal reason why I don't submit texts to the maw; I'm actually quite the writter in french so I guess I'd be ashamed of the little I can do in English (In comparison to what I can write in French I mean, since I don't do bad at all in English). I guess you could say that I'm a french Gantic; in fact I'm awaiting an answer for a litterature contest I entered. The 16th of June I'll know, and I'll be sure to let you know too. First prize is 1000$ and a publication!

If Fallen ever needs to have time off or can't judge for any reason - I'd be happy to step into the judging gown and shoes temporarily.

Thanks a lot Avorne, you seem like a very nice person from what I've seen here. I'll be sure to remember that if I ever want to try my hand a winning a merit ^^. Of course I'll enter some Haikus too buy you know; a big part of the fun is actually the chances you have at winning.

My ascension now
On ethereal wings so pure
Departure for me.

Well, I'm quite glad someone new ''a priori'' posted here. It's quite a nice entry Lupine, but the second line has eight syllable and it's not a Haiku. If you want it to be judged, you need to lower the count to seven^^.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Orion is leaving.
Even though he was a judge.
He is still awesome.

I know I'm not good at haiku's. But still....XD

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

So Fallen and Ernie are judges.

No, I don't think Ernie is judge anymore. I haven't seen him in weeks, maybe a month. Hm.

You know guys, I'm not permanently not judge. I'm just no longer main judge.

So that makes me and Avorne backup judges, with me being second place. If neither are there, it's meeeeeeeeeeee.

Glad you guys liked my judging. I feel honored. ^.^
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

If I may suggest something. I know I haven't shown up on this forum until recently (been on WERP), but I have a great deal of experience in writing of all forms and am aspriing to be a novelist. If you need I judge I would be more than happy to help out.

Oh and my submission.

Beginings are such
Delicate things. In which we
Must leave what we love.

Ps: This isn't blunt

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Glad you guys liked my judging. I feel honored. ^.^

Lolz, you are not just an awesome judge. You are beyond awesome. XD XD XD
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

geez talk about suckin up. XD and yes orion is a good judge. even though I got seventh, at least I got recoginized.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Ok, to avoid any further debates concerning the thread's management, here's how things are going to work out.

I will be the primary Judge, as often as possible.

Whenever I feel like participating, I'll deleguate judging to the subsidiary judges, which are officially EnterOrion and Avorne.

If by any chance it occurs that Enter and Avorne can't judge, be it because the theme inspires them too much, or just because they can't, Wolf will be the judge.

If that ever happens however, Wolf must assume the position of judge.

From the next deadline on, every theme AND deadline will be set every Monday, along with judging. That gives you all a week per theme to write your haikus, for a total of 4 themes a month.

Since there'll be no delay between the deadline and the judging (the deadline will be the said judging), please be ponctual.

And that's about it!
Wolf, I'm sorry about that; Avorne asked first, and Enter wanted to still be part of the judging team. However, if you want to convince either of them to swap places with you, I won't stop you from trying. It's just that three secondary judges would be complicated, no?

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

I almost forgot; I'll try to keep the judging just like EnterOrion's one.
Particular awards to everyone, and 5 rankers.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Orion is leaving.
Even though he was a judge.
He is still awesome.

Vinster, that first line has six syllable. O-ri-on is leav-ing.
Just contract that ''is'' and you got it^^.
O-ri-on's Leav-ing.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

From the next deadline on

Sorry, I thought one had actually been set ^^.
Well, since the theme's brand new, it won't be tomorrow but next week's monday, meaniiiiinnnnng....Monday 21!
And yes, I'm quitting the spamming ^^.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

ive never seen someone have a conversation with themselves before.... o.o

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Thanks a lot Avorne, you seem like a very nice person from what I've seen here. I'll be sure to remember that if I ever want to try my hand a winning a merit ^^.

Thank you for the compliment, I look forward to working with a fellow literary enthusiast and I hope that you win the contest - Bon chance mon ami.
Showing 1471-1485 of 5299