ForumsGamesBring the Quality of the Forums to the Games

8 2521
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hey guys, I was just reviewing some of the game comments, and I noticed that hardly anyone writes as much for a game comment as they will for a forum post. And I was thinking why? Is it because game comments are worth more, so people are trying to get points quicker that way?

It would just be awesome to see everyone submit longer game comments, because I am sure everyone (including me!) is getting tired of flagging short comments. And most likely, if they are short they will probably get flagged and removed anyways, so the points will just end up getting lost... So why not put the effort into it the first time, to ensure you get to keep those points.

Just remember when you are commenting on games, if you like them don't just say "I like it" or "Good game", but say why you think it is good and what you enjoyed about it. And if you didn't like it, don't just write "It sux", but say what can be improved or what you don't like about it.

I just think it would be great to see the quality of comments that we have been getting in the forums applied to the games as well.

• 8 Replies
masta_cheef
masta_cheef
670 posts
Nomad

I agree with you although i don't know if some of my comments including "some might say it's easy but it's a little tricky for me, it's still cool though" would be considered short and then flagged. Hopefully they won't get flagged and i'll put a little more detail into them.

Zihark
Zihark
309 posts
Nomad

I agree, I think people give too much importance to armor points :S it's not like you get anything from them other than bragging rights.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Just keep flagging comments that are too short, have nothing constructive to say, or are just obviously spam.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

It will also give you a greater chance of getting a merit! That's a 25 point bonus!

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Also, short reviews like 'ok', 'great game', or 'stupid' are not needed because they can be expressed through the rating system.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Very true, and they will just be deleted. 25 AP is so much! That is more than a developer gets for submitting a game! It seems like people could take the extra minute it takes to get a merit on a good review. Probably quicker than spamming 12 times anyways

tribalwarrior419
tribalwarrior419
14 posts
Nomad

I agree. It annoys me when the comments are just random letters or some random statement not really related to the game. Comments should be at least one line long.

John
John
345 posts
Nomad

Just keep flagging the short comments. We will delete them, and people will lose points.

Showing 1-8 of 8