ForumsGames[NECRO] Best Goverment On Colony?

227 55224
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

It's me again. So I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I personally think "Capitalist" In the chat, everyone says "Fascist"
I wanna know what you think.
(I hope this does not result in a flame war...)

• 227 Replies
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

Best gov is any of them. They are all conterable and can counter. The govs dont matter its the build that counts.

PowerOfSauce
PowerOfSauce
502 posts
Shepherd

The govs dont matter its the build that counts.

As well as micro, macro, and how closely your name resembles "tdh".
Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

TO THE EXPERIENCED PLAYER it is expected, to a noob they wont know the difference... "crotch" guy dont let ur master come to the rescue THEN get uppity.
either way pos even if the action is PREDICTABLE it doesnt neccessarily mean its fore-seen.
beyond that wat u said is circumstancial in another way, u have not accounted for a partner...
and once again FIGURE OF SPEECHHH

PowerOfSauce
PowerOfSauce
502 posts
Shepherd

Predictable and fore-seen are the exact same thing.

How would having a partner effect how you predict a queen? You should see it coming either way. However, whether or not you would actually care about a queen coming is different.

I'm assuming you don't know who crotch is, but he's not a noob. He's a pro.

As for that being a figure of speech, we were just pointing out that queens really aren't that unfore-seen. Unless you're good at distracting your opponent while you're fascist.

About your earlier post about monarchy being like a ninja, I disagree. Just like how a queen is predictable, influence units are as well, with the POSSIBLE exception of mod phantoms. If your opponent doesn't make a whole bunch of units early on, that's a clue. If your opponent does something like bank, post, hospital, that's another clue. Monarchists can make up to 3 tanks with 12 manpower left over if they do bank, post (if I remember correctly). If they make more than that right away, then they're not monarchy.

As for modikatas, forge rushes often use a lot of units, so if they don't use a whole ton, they're either saving for an armory or they're mon. If they DO make an armory, its build speed will give you your answer. If they make a generator, then they could very possibly be monarchy. However, even so, it can be hard to tell sometimes, so if your opponent is going for modikata, be at least somewhat prepared to face more than 1.

Spec ops are really easy to predict. No buildings for a while, and builds really slowly.

Also, this is just my opinion, but I think monarchy would be more of a "spearhead" than just support.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but unless if you do spec ops or something like that, there really isn't anything you can do to make yourself make more or less like a monarchist. If you tech up instead of attacking early, then you'd be screwing yourself over because monarchy fails at late-game.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

Predictable and fore-seen are the exact same thing

synonomous ill drop this
How would having a partner effect how you predict a queen? You should see it coming either way. However, whether or not you would actually care about a queen coming is different.
wat im saying if this is NOT a 1v1 and while one is storing up the other is constantly building, simple
About your earlier post about monarchy being like a ninja, I disagree. Just like how a queen is predictable, influence units are as well
that is if U MAKE IT PREDICTABLE, if i go with a simple bank, armory, forge hospital build there is no DEFINITE hint to being a monarch.
anddd just about 3 tanks but no left over.
its build speed will give you your answer
only to the trained eye, u r making all these assumptions based on &quotro" experience now if U JUST STARTED as MOST colony players are then u CAN NOT TELL the difference yet.
Spec ops are really easy to predict. No buildings for a while, and builds really slowly
DUHHHHHHHHH
Also, this is just my opinion, but I think monarchy would be more of a "spearhead" than just support
possible i didntthink of that u r right, "COULD BE".
braheehinny
braheehinny
39 posts
Nomad

I like fascists...... scout spamming is quite effective in DF.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

pos u were right about the tank number thing my fault.
but i think u were wrong about the not being useful in late battle thing...... COMPLETELY wrong, tru it looses effectiveness but not to the extent where its rendered useless.

PowerOfSauce
PowerOfSauce
502 posts
Shepherd

wat im saying if this is NOT a 1v1 and while one is storing up the other is constantly building, simple

If the queen builder's teammate distracts, then that can reduce the chances of the other team predicting the queen, but it's difficult for 1 person to effectively distract 2 people.

that is if U MAKE IT PREDICTABLE, if i go with a simple bank, armory, forge hospital build there is no DEFINITE hint to being a monarch.

If you do that, then even if your opponent doesn't know you're monarchy, you are still pretty likely to lose. Don't have a forge and a hospital at the same time unless you're capi or fasc and are going for an early dual build. Since you're mon, that build would be quite slow too.

COMPLETELY wrong, tru it looses effectiveness

Almost an epic self-contradiction :O

But anyway, they don't become 100% useless (because almost nothing is), but they become so much less effective that it wouldn't be a stretch to consider monarchists to fail in late-game. However, here's the thing: if the game stretches on to late-game, but you've already made a semi-successful attack earlier on, and you still have a slight advantage, then you can still win. On the other hand, if you DIDN'T get an advantage early on, and it's late-game, then you're screwed.

In 2v2, things are a bit more hazy, since tons of things depend on your teammate. Even so, monarchy would be a lot less effective in late game than in early game.
void13
void13
3 posts
Nomad

I think Capitalist is the way to go.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

thats all im tryna establish monarchy does INDEED have effectiveness in all phases of a match even if that effectiveness varies.

liquidtlo
liquidtlo
33 posts
Nomad

i would say monarchy you can do almost any build and then add meds saints etc to make it stronger but commuist is also good you can influ rush

ForbiddenOne
ForbiddenOne
145 posts
Nomad

Monarchy fails at building up.. Well in normal or cold war it does... But is Ss is better.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

really edd?...... im at best with monarchy in cw, and with a decent partner..... its over...
that being said cap is best.

Jesith
Jesith
2 posts
Nomad

Capitalist is the best because you can constantly build black queens which are the best unit

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

Best Unit? 0.0

AA Sakatas. Now wheres youre "best unit"

Showing 196-210 of 227