ForumsGamesCrush the Castle Players Pack - Custom Castles

3823 1014224
joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

These levels are for Crush the Castle Players Pack

Post your own killer fortress or try your hand at crushing the castles of others. For users posting their own creations, please consider the following guidelines:

Give your castle a title. This will allow other members to easily reference it in their comments.
Show off your work with a screenshot. A great tool for screenshots and videos is Jing.
Provide a description or hint. If your castle has any notable features or specific tactics make sure to let people know about them.
Don't forget your link. Simply copy the link directly from the Crush the Castle Players Pack editor and paste it in your post.

We had a ton of fun making this game and are really looking forward to seeing what you can do! Who knows, me may even use it in another version of the game.

Note: When posting images please use the image button in the form below and provide the URL to your screen shot. We do not allow raw HTML tags nor do we host images. If you need a place to host your images online consider one of the many photo sharing services.

How to Load a Castle:

Simply click on a shared castle link and you will be directed to the game immediately. The game will then load the castle take you right to the editor. Click Test Castle when it's loaded to try it out. It's just that simple!

How to Save a Castle:

Start up the Build and Share area.
http://cache.armorgames.com/files/images/screenshots/ctc_pp/StartSaving.jpg

Build your castle and click Share when you area ready.
http://cache.armorgames.com/files/images/screenshots/ctc_pp/ClickShare.jpg

Name your castle and click OK.
http://cache.armorgames.com/files/images/screenshots/ctc_pp/NameCastle.jpg

Click COPY to copy the link.
http://cache.armorgames.com/files/images/screenshots/ctc_pp/ClickCopy.jpg

Share the link with everyone you know.

Good luck and happy building!

• 3,823 Replies
charlesme
charlesme
1,117 posts
Nomad

I will manage to get it here. I have an Idea for you or Castle. A Giant pyramid that goes from the trebuchet to the far right.
Another Idea that I will try is have launch a board and a princess and try to get the princess to land on the board as it is on its way up. That would be cool.
For now I am going to eat some great Steak that I just finished cooking.

charlesme
charlesme
1,117 posts
Nomad
charlesme
charlesme
1,117 posts
Nomad

For tonight I give up. I'm thinking with this one if everything on the right moves to the left a little it might work. I dont think she will survive the landing though.

Almost

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

@charlesme - what you are trying to do is almost impossible but I applaud your efforts. If you look each time when you do a reset, or and edit-test, the outcomes are different. Which, could be due to any small lagging in the game after the launches. I tried one that kinda worked using your model but I had her bounce off the end of the floor of which she flipped only to land on a offset ramp and albeit in the upright bloodied position, it was interesting. The floor member must almost be static in the air when she hits it. That is tough and requires double editing. My flips are usually from luck (and some out of the editor fixes) especially with the challenge you gave me but when I saw her bounce alive off the tower, I just prepared a landing spot! Not what you wanted but, showed the fact that she probably needs to hit a stationary/static object on her feet.

I have programmed two characters to touch each other in the air and one survives but the other dies. It wasn't the effect you wanted so, I will work on it.

Cam's Hammer Fixed

This probably won't work but it is funny.

charlesme
charlesme
1,117 posts
Nomad
charlesme
charlesme
1,117 posts
Nomad

Hey Court check this out.
I worked on this for hours and could not get her to live!
Castles Idea, my tweekin

I tried to get two princess's to flip and hit each others feet in the air but I couldn't get it right. I still think it may be possible. I would like to see yours Court.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Somewhat Better methinks

I made a few mods - right out of the box it should work but if not, hit reset and not test and do not have any other games running on your tabs.

And, being the Olympics and all, I thought that her family should be there to see her feat!

Somewhat Better II

I dunno - the shares mess things up sometimes...

Nice work charlesme - an astounding first for you!

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

More tweeking to castlenovice

My suggestion would be to shift the bounce wall left a few pixels. You will notice here that she is alive but over-rotates unless you can catch her in the air again and bang her into the abyss! Then, you would have to move her to the right just to see when she is in the vertical position.

That one castlenovice has potentional for a double...

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Mid Air Collision

Charles - the queen hits the king and dies, the king survives however the queen finishes her flip. Move the king up, and all is well.

charlesme
charlesme
1,117 posts
Nomad

Great job on that Collision. I like how the castles come falling down. I have always messing with that.
Funny how last night "Somewhat better" was working most of the time for me. Now if fails most of the time. Your Castlenovice tweeking does not work from the start for me. Did you stay up all night??

castlenovice
castlenovice
853 posts
Nomad

Mid Air Collision is great. Cool idea Charles to catapult a character onto a catapulted structure, but as CJ says, hard to realize.
I vaguely remember the basic structure of your 'Castles Idea, my tweekin'. I never managed to do a stable thing.

Charles, I will retry this (huge) pyramid.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

@charlesme - it worked for me 2 out of 5 and kind of looked neat!

So a few more tweeks of the castlenovice contraption:

Lofty Fall

Lofty Towers

At least she is standing...
And, when I need to go back to work, I kick them out of the building

Lofty Towers 3

castlenovice
castlenovice
853 posts
Nomad

Why a pyramid like that will never work. These roofs have a strange behaviour. Impossible

castlenovice
castlenovice
853 posts
Nomad

Cool stuff, CourtJester! It's a pity it's not possible to view everything

castlenovice
castlenovice
853 posts
Nomad

This is a Perfect Pyramid
BUT it collapses, due to the weight of 20 layers.

The maximum height possible is 10 layers, that's why it'a an imperfect, tabular pyramid. But thatway you can kill the king most easily

Showing 2341-2355 of 3823