ForumsProgramming Forumgames

9 5286
blackout
blackout
119 posts
Nomad

how do i make games for the website some1 help me please!!

• 9 Replies
LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

If I had a nickel for every time I heard this question I would be set for retirement

Ok, this is pretty much what I tell everyone:
First of all you have to get Adobe Flash, this is the program that is used to make all the games. It is going to cost a pretty penny as you should expect but you can download a 30-day trial version of it if you visit the Adobe website.

Once you have Flash you're going to have to learn actionscript, which is the coding language used to program games and all that great stuff, and of course you are going to also get to know the Flash interface and learn how to get around the program as well as be able to draw and design all the necessary components for your game.

So to everyone out there who just wants to jump out of bed and make a few video games please understand that this is a VERY complicated process and will take lots and lots of time.

chibidemon
chibidemon
5 posts
Nomad

a list of things required: adobe flash, milkshape, sparkedit, experience and patience.

warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

ya, ive been tryng to make a C&C3 tiberium wars themed flash game for 2 months now, and havent made any worthwhile progress...

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

were do you learn things like this i want to now

josh
josh
9 posts
Nomad

even after you learn all those things, you may not be able to make those games. You need to WANT to make a particular game just for the sake of making the game, and not for the sake of having made any type of game.

Many many years ago, I have no programming experience whatsoever, but I already have lots and lots of ideas in my head. All I could do and did was draw the ideas out in my book and later got scolded by my school teacher for not paying attention.

Now I know how to make games, and so I could make games from those ideas that I have. And at the same time, new ideas come along. If you have nothing up your head but just want to make any type of game, it's gonna be hard even if you have all the tools and skills that you need.

Hope that helps!

oyger6
oyger6
48 posts
Nomad

idk i wish i could know also

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

Me too it would be cool.

Sadly i dont think i would ever have the time to learn to make games.Then have even more time to begin working on my own games.

DarkSoul
DarkSoul
211 posts
Nomad

??? anyawy i wish i culd u need a special program lok at the commercials it shows somethin bout that sometimes

rwrulesrw
rwrulesrw
1 posts
Nomad

theres this one thing called yoyogames.com which is really easy to get you started, but theres some downsides.

cant post to armorgames, but can upload to a cd. And the upgrade is $20 dollars thats not a lot, but for the simple version its free. Thats how I started to make games, but I didnt try adobe yet.

Showing 1-9 of 9