88 posts
Nomad

i think the most over rated game was street fighter 4

• 202 Replies
kingy310
kingy310
89 posts
Nomad

lets face t all the games mentioned are over rated... runescape halo ect...

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Alright, I'll be everyone on this thread:

Halo/CoD are just repetitive shootfests!
WoW is like having a second freakin' job!
I thought that Bioshock was overrated.
I think Phyconauts was overrated, primarily because everyone who's played it is completely freakin' insane.
GTA IV is a terrorism simulator. Don't try to deny it.
Sonic is old and sucks!
Mario is for babies!
Last but not least: Hi , I'm a self-absorbed ass who believes that inaccurately imitating forum posters and pointing out the futility of online video games debate is funny to anyone ever. If that fails, I try meta-humor. It fails.

Yep, that was nine pages in a nutshell.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

...Are you okay, Xzeno?

Okay, I'll be someone else. A good chunk of Starwars games are overrated, especially the popular ones. If you haven't heard my rants about it before, it is because these popular games were off other games that were also popular. They have basically taken their ideas and put it into Starwars form for most of them.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

KotOR, Episode 3, Battlefront, 4, 5, 6, and Force Unleashed are the ones off the top of my head.

MrGoobles
MrGoobles
9 posts
Nomad

Halo is the most overrated game imo. Whatgame is KOTOR like? I want to play whatever it is

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure KOTOR is Knights of the Old Republic, MrGoobles.

I think Halo and Call of Duty (whatever number you prefer) are 2 overrated games. There's always talk about them. I know they're both great games, but it's annoying when all I see in the forums are "Halo VS CoD!!" or "MW2!!". Modern Warfare 2 may be a bit overhyped. :/

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Whatgame is KOTOR like?

You ever played Mass Effect? Well its made by the same people. It has a worse combat system then the first Mass Effect, though really it was more based on preparation for battle, strategy, and was the first game(that I have played) to have a moral system. It basically had a Mass Effect quality storyline, MMORPG style combat, and PS2 graphics.

I feel that the most over rated game....well thats a tough choice for me. Prototype would be probably one of the most over hyped for what it delivered.....the only thing that saves Halo 3 is the forge mode allowing for tons of possibilities in custom games, Gears of War had a decent single-player.....hmm.....I guess Grand Theft Auto. Not because it was not a good game and all, but just because of the ratings it got on metacritic(98/100) making it the highest rated game on PS3 and 360. I thought it was nice, but not that good.
Darkfr0st
Darkfr0st
8 posts
Nomad

Halo series is my vote for most overrated. Decent games, Just too much hype. KOTOR one was good, it was made by Bioware(Mass Effect) Two was ok but not the same. Good games for their time though.

stan4life
stan4life
95 posts
Nomad

star wars the force unleashed, good game but there isn't much you can do after you finish it (wich isn't that long).

Thyll
Thyll
476 posts
Nomad

Fable 2. I've never played a game so bad.

Superdude037
Superdude037
14 posts
Nomad

Runescape(A.K.A. RuneFail)

I have to go off on this one. It is the plague that is ruining the internet. Everyone thinks it is so great, are they blind? They are playing a game with horrible graphics, even worse game play, full of a community of kids not even old enough to get out of the booster seat and think cursing makes them cool. This game needs to be put to a stop.

Spartan7801
Spartan7801
3 posts
Nomad

Like one of those games that came off a kid's show like battle for bikinie bottom or something. (my little brother bought it lol)

Caberea
Caberea
576 posts
Nomad

@12466ninja. Guitar hero is not overrated. Like to also point out that you only have 14 posts and as a7xfan said you like 10 or something. I know that makes me only four years older but still i reckon only reason why you think guitar hero and rockband are over rated is cause you suck at it most likely. All games you said were good are shoot'em'up games. You must broaden your game shelves.

MarioMario
MarioMario
1,212 posts
Peasant

I have to say Halo.Its not even that SPECTACLULAR

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

I agree Mario All the halos are not that good. That is the only game my friends play and i just don't get what it is that is so fun about it.

Showing 46-60 of 202