ForumsSupport ForumRequest Sticky Button

13 3769
Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

well this is an idea that popped into my head when i was looking at the Regulars' Lounge. Cuz all i see is flag. So im pretty sure this has been thought of but i did not see any posts. so What do u think?

• 13 Replies
Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

1. Thanks for posting in my thread!

2. All of the mods and admins have userpages in which they can be contacted to suggest a sticky. If we let the users themselves do it, there would be a large amount of people requesting themselves. Also, as a general rule, sticky threads are only made by mods anyway.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

yea but ive been on sites with a request sticky button. just cuz its requested does not mean it has to be stickied.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

You're right, but it's also going to be more work for the mod team.

Now getting MERITS for helpful posts, that's a different thing and would probably be a really good idea.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

yea but its just a little thing i thought should be suggested. i dont really care if it is made or not.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

I'm not insulting your idea, it's just the point of this forum to get criticism.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, Jikek we review about 90% of the forum topics here and I can guarantee I've seen all the new ones from December til now. My point is that we would be aware of something that needs to be stickied. Do you something specific in mind?

A request sticky button would get cluttered with requests that would be denied.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Can you sticky the Regular's Lounge. =(

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I've thought about doing that. Let me discuss it with the other mods.

side note...

it's taken me forever to type this bc i can only utilize one hand. my gf is painting my freakin nails!

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

LOL, I guess that ruins my chances of you responding to my email...

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Oh, sure. Uh-huh. That is what they all say...

I have not really noticed too many topics that *need* to be stickied. The ones that are now/ mentioned are the only ones really. On other forums I have been to, there was always a rule and regulations of that one board...but of course some of those were huge and sweeping with about 20 mods and 50 or so boards.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Where did you email it? It hasn't shown up on my phone. I kind of have my fingers back, but they are wet.

I hate this. My fingernails were virgin before this...

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

I sent it through Gmail to your Gmail...

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Hahahaha, oh god...told you. Wet fingers/nails that were virgins before. M'kay. Yeah. I am going to shut up now.

What? Stop giving me that look. She was obviously petting a dog that licked her hand. Perverts.

So yes. Sticky topics. Pfft! Sticky...

I had a hard day at work. Shuddup.

I think you should sticky my Breakfastarian topic so that people can learn the truth and on true way. ^_^

Showing 1-13 of 13