ForumsProgramming ForumFlash game test - BIG PROJECT

173 99836
plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

I worked on this game for quite some time. Probably a good 20-30 days of work on it. This is my first ever large scale game and has a functioning high score system by rankz.armorbot. (went down long time ago)

I didn't perfect everything yet but I am working on it so criticism is welcome. I am more worried right now about coding problems and glitches than making the jumping and collision detection perfect.

The game can be found here:
Super Mitchio

I also used a template from flashvillage.com to create a little movie about the making of the flash game and what goes into creating something like this.

The movie explaining the making of the game can be found here:
Making of Super Mitchio

If you get to check it out, let me know what you think.

• 173 Replies
mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Alrighty.

Well me and weirdlike a while back discussed something about platforming, and I have some pretty good working code, if you want to use some of it. (most of it is basic except for 1 part, where I was able to set the player's rotation to the angle of the ground he was on. e.g: the hill the player is on is 45 degree angle, so then the player's angle is set to 45 degrees, kinda like the fancy pants game).

I really suggest making your graphics in either illustrator or just even inside of Flash, that way it's very flexible and everything can be easily changed, plus no pixelation, since it'll be vector.

All I do really in flash is make platformers so if you ever need a little help with something i'm sure i have some code for it you could use.

One thing I do when I start a new project is I take the basic code of my last project and put it in the new one as a starting point so it's not so much work.

plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

Bob, thanks, I would most definitely like to check out your code. Send me an email through my website and we'll get things started.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Sorry for the late reply! I'll send some stuff over once I can get on the computer that has it.

Also, what language do you use? As2 or As3? I have some working code in both, but the As2 one is more polished up.

plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

No problem, I use AS2 and AS3 but I prefer AS2 for learning projects and games

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Err⦠I don't see an email on your website.

Showing 166-170 of 173