ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThanksgiving/Fall Armatar Contest!

167 37890
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

Fall has arrived and Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Now I know that Thanksgiving isn't celebrated everywhere, and is generally an American holiday. But c'mon, who can complain about good food and pies!?

You can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of the fall season or Thanksgiving. If it meets our quality standards, I will add it to the 1AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here. You can also check out a few select returning Thanksgiving armatars from 2009 in the 5AP section.

There are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be Fall or Thanksgiving themed.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing some creative new armatars! =)

• 167 Replies
BijouRIP
BijouRIP
150 posts
Nomad

Carlie, when are you going to add some of these armatars

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

That is what I want to know also.

BijouRIP
BijouRIP
150 posts
Nomad

I know I can't wait to see which ones make it

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Yayy, Thx faw tah cohmants =D

Hopefully be the first armatar of mine to get chosen :P Dont know why i did this contest anyway, i mean its summer, 40 degrees and i dont celebrate thanksgiving > <(Australian)

So yer carlie, when you gonna choose some?

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

Actually I have just been informed that Carlie has been to busy to moniter the contest but if she doesn't choose any by the 24th I will be angry.

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Ok well time to get an alt judge =D

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

Hopefully that one will for fill his/her duties.He he duty.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Because Flipsky will ttly take over Carlie's project because she is busy with the real world.
Jeez.
If you are that impatient, go make an entry for the ASC or the Draw that Pokemon-contest, or the fakemon contest, instead of whimpering about a few armatars not being uploaded. Or go make some more, creative and worth it.

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

Whoah calm down I understand now.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Who say I am not calm. I am just saying that complaining often leads to nothing but other people getting tired of you, or in the case of most contests, the judge gets frustrated and annoyed with people whining over delay, especially in times like these where exams are popping up everywhere.

marioman327
marioman327
290 posts
Nomad

It doesn't matter if there's an alt judge, there's hardly any entries, so Carlie might as well just accept them all

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

That would be nice for everyone to win.

BijouRIP
BijouRIP
150 posts
Nomad

yeah because theres not many of them.

jkmadman1
jkmadman1