ForumsWEPRIsrael and Our USD Tax dollars.

12 4242
Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Okay, So its come to my attention that I can bring a few of somehow one topic with this hopefully catch-On thread. xP

Okay, So I've learned that our United States Tax dollars go partly to Israel as "Aid". Even though if the U.S. backed down from this, Israels economy would crash. They hold one of the largest armys in the world because of our tax dollars flying off to them. You guys think this is right? I mean, after all, there is no other country on earth that receives this type of support.

Also, Many americans these days now support Israel, when they dont' even live there. I'm not anti-Jew or hitler or anything, but I've seen the veiw from the other side, many media companies are owned by Jews. Usually, 100's of Palestinian people a day die, because Israel after all isnt' a good country. But for the death of 8 Israelis one day I saw a HUGE report on CNN. Scared the crap out of me. I dont' know, do any of you support the fact that Israel is to stay on the map? Its a pretty bad place, and to make it worse we're causing bloodshed on the holy land. I have a REALLY bad feeling that someones gonna do something [Iraqi Presidents already vowed to slay Israel off the map]. And with America supporting it were gonna have a bit of a problem.

Lastly, do you think it was right for Israel to be constructed where it was? I mean, in truth, Most of "Israel" today and "Palestine" of yesterday was a mix of just about whoever, right? There are 2 problems with this, One this is claimed to be the holy land of the Jews, so sure they can get the land.
[reference, the christians mainly just moved to jordan]

But there are also these other people, people that have stored their life, hard work, years and built their homes on this land. After all, after so much time many Jews lived in different places. But then, ever since then, theres been pandemonium. Not one side letting up, and the place is blowing apart.
Feel free to give your ideas on this. [Whichever one].

I'mma give mine when I feel like it. xP

• 12 Replies
Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Yea it is a little stupid that our money goes to Israel when our countrys fighting a war but I think the reason so much sympathy is given to Jewish people is because of what happened in WWII. Almost the entire Jewish population was wiped out by Hitler and the Nazi's so I think that the world wants to help them out because of that.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Theres a problem with that. Sympathy can come from all sources, but so far were supporting a country not for sympathy, the world needs ALOT of sympathy. I've seen the poorest of villages with my eyes. So, why Israel? And also, why other peoples homes? You can't just give someone a country that barely an Israelis live in, it may be their holy land, but as far as I know its been other religions holy lands. And people that have made their lives on that land shouldn't be forced to give it up. Hard times fall on everyone. I see no reason why we should constantly spend so much keeping one country alive when all the other countries have tough breaks. After all, maybe World War 2 was the most endearing conflict of all, but many people of all other races have had the same problem. Look at africa, the east asian countrys? Hell breaks loose there, they've been fending for themselves for who the heck knows how long.

I don't know, it seems wrong. And your wrong, NOT the entire jewish population. About an eighth. They weren't even through Europe, or down to the middle east. Jews were accepted there.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

I don't think its right and if I said all of the Jewish people I'm sorry that was my mistake. It's true that other countries/races have gone thourgh pretty difficult times but maybe the reason we support them so much is because of the oil in the middle eastern area and we want a strong ally in that part of the world. Thats just my own speculation and could be wrong.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Er, I think it is wrong. For as far as we know, Supporting Israel is what keeps the middle east pissed at us. There strong because we make them so, its like us recruiting our army elsewhere [Where we do anyway].
Other arabic countries have had close ties with palestinians, so them seeing their land gone is horrible. Sure, they went through the holocaust, but I figure it could have been solved better.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Well that is the first time I heard that reason for them being annoyed at us but we probably could've this problem a little better than this but we don't know all of the deciding factors that came in to play so maybe this was the best course of action.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Oh, we knew it was bad. We did it out of sympathy, who sais sympathy is the best option? To be honest, I really think that America should quit making the media think its great and telling people to pay for another country. I mean, if America draws support Israel is gone. The only reason it doesn't is because of all these companys.

300TH POST!

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Congrats on your 300th post. To be honest I really thought that this entire situation was stupid. I agree we should've helped them but not put them on life support. I think we have to stop putting our nose into every other countries buisness.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Thankx, congratz on your sixth. xP [Always love new people to the site. ^^].

We've been doing that for the last fourty years. After NATO and WW2 we have bases all over Europe. America wanted the same thing in the middle east, but with them supporting Israel and the crap going on in Iraq that won't happen.

The thing is America is a world superpower, so alot of the times things like this is either to look good to the world or to companies. See, we wouldn't put our nose in Europe if there wasn't so much violence, we hold a crapload of polotical influence. [Like, WE can rig an election in france, litterally. ]

The problem is, What do you think is right? Should Palestine be granted to the people that live there? Or should Israel just turn intself into a battle ground until either America falls or invades the middle east?

Also, Last question -- you think the media should be controlling all this? [Since, nowadays, all you hear is Jews dying and Arabics looking bad >.>]

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

I hate the fact that the media is like that but its baised for how the gov. wants it. What I think would be right is to try to comprimise between the factions present and then america withdraws from the area, since we are screwing it up, but the factions of this conflict are almost unable to agree on anything so it will be either immpossible or just take a very long time.

Devil_may_cry
Devil_may_cry
130 posts
Nomad

all the words with **** are the word country just didnt put the "o" latter sorry for that

redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

It's a good thing we're helping them, because we are fufilling a prophecy in the Bible. It says in the bible that when armies mount up against Isreal the end times are near.

Devil_may_cry
Devil_may_cry
130 posts
Nomad

world war 3 here we come?!!!

Showing 1-12 of 12