ForumsGamesMy Zombie Game - WEAPON IDEA'S!!!

174 41553
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Well i'm working on this game and i've done 60 Design Documents. But i'm stuck with weapons. i have about 5 Firearms but i want another 3:
i have:
* M9 Pistol
* USP45 Tactical
* Uzi
* Winchester Shotgun
* M16A4 Assault Rifle

For Meele weapons i have Chainsaw, Sharp Knife, Baseball bat, fire axe and a katana i don't mind more meele weapons but i need 3 -5 more firearms. i thinking of a P90 and some strong shotgun.

And i have 5 Meele weapons

• 174 Replies
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Okay i have my Guns ( for now but i doubt i will add more unless it's a truly epic gun, but i don't mind more Meele!!!

I've put them in order from Best to Worst. Thanks to everyone who helped!!!

M16A4 Assault Rifle
AK-47
P90
Benelli M1 Super 90
Winchester Shotgun
Hunting Rifle
UZI
USP45 Tactical
M9 Pistol.

FOR MEELE:
Chainsaw (but 35% Chance of Jamming per kill)
Katana
FireAxe
Crowbar (MAYBE Could also be used to open locked doors)
Baseball Bat
Sharp Knife

Blitzz
Blitzz
39 posts
Nomad

M4 is really nice and you should add some upgades on the weopons to! Pawn On!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Hey Dannydaninja!

You're developing a new Zombie game?! YAY! =D

Always love these type of games with a lot of zombies to hack/slash/hit/stab/shoot/kick/vapourise! Makes me at peace with myself... LOL

Sharp Knife (i want to rename it!! halp!)

How about you take a kitchen knife and name it the "Chef's Choice Chopper"? And then a BIG one I mean...
Makes it an original knife, instead of the standard Army Knife!

Chainsaw (and guess what?? it can get jammed, how realistic and smart am i? =D)

See, now that's originality! Love that kind of thinking! Keep it up!

And maybe a crowbar thanks to backstabbingSpy.

Always a good starting tool for making Zombie-soup!

For the guns I think you should definitely take the 'epic' AK47, but how about a decade for each weapon?
With that I mean the following:

- Hunting Rifle (Wild West)
- .44 MagnuM (80's Dirty Harry)
- AK47 (Vietnam)
- Bazooka (World War II)
- P-14/M1917 Enfield (World War I)
- Laser Gun (Could always have been a gun stolen from a Military Developing Compound... )
- A small Gatling Gun (American Civil War)

Curious to find out what you think about these suggestions...

Greetings!

MrDayCee
Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I would suggest explosive devices like grenades for wide-spread killing or maybe some C4, Satchel Charges, or Mines for a more strategic placement in battle.

Upgrades would be nice on the guns to, like double clip, increased damage, extra health or defense, scopes, or whatever. Upgrades always make a game a little funner.

Perhaps you start out with the worst weapon and for every zombie you kill you gain money or points to upgrade or purchase a new weapon.

Having the ability to have a melee, primary, and secondary all at once would be pretty sweet too.

Another possibility is you could start out with no weapon and fight weaker zombies to obtain points.

Different classes of zombies would also make the game play a lot more enjoyable and challenging.

This is all I've thought up for now, if I think of anything else I'll let ya know.

t0m
t0m
65 posts
Nomad

Sounds like you copied L4D2 with the melee items :P

How about a grenade?

Hulkninja
Hulkninja
55 posts
Nomad

A crossbow would be nice.
http://magistream.com/img/1539609.gifhttp://magistream.com/img/1539506.gifhttp://magistream.com/img/1539542.gifhttp://magistream.com/img/1539596.gif

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Yeah my Game is inspired by L4D2 and i'll put that in credits. I don't know why but i'm avoiding exspolsives.

And FyreFox, i do have Diffrent Zombie classes, here's some:

Fat Zombie = 2X slower 2X bigger
Barfer = leaves a trail of vomit behind him
Demon = Can smash threw walls, big, very fast

and theres like 6 more.

DaNBa0425
DaNBa0425
28 posts
Nomad

wow!can see some potential for these guns..cant wait to see the finished product.hahaha...how bouts a minigun?jst for kicks!)..

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

shhh dont tell about the secret weapon you unlock if you get all the acheivements!! Opps.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

=) My game is gonna be so werid... i'm excepting:

30,000 plays
a rating of like 3 lolz

DaNBa0425
DaNBa0425
28 posts
Nomad

hahaha...cnt wait dude...whooopss..sorry 'bout that!)...anyway jst link it up here..im down to play it...as long as i get to kick some zombie a**)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

My game is gonna be so werid...

Weird? Nah... A game where you kick zombie around is never going to be anything else then awesome!!!
I cannot wait to play it either! What's your goal as in date of release? =)

dont tell about the secret weapon you unlock if you get all the acheivements

Secret weapon...??? Minigun...!?! 8P
Garglgl... meeee liiiike!!! Jajaja! ahm...

Sorry about that... cough... ahum...
I always get a tad bit carried away back into a 'Homer sees beer' moment and my brain switches to that of a child aged 2... I apologize for that... =S

Anyway, it all sounds great so far! =D
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

The Goal is my release date is all in my profile...

my game is going to be like something never done before...

Godjule
Godjule
206 posts
Nomad

What about my claymore idea? It would do massive damage but it would also be slow.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Godjule... eh maybe. i must admit blowing up like 10 zombies into little pieces at a time would be pretty awesome... let me think about it.

Oh yeah and Fyrefox, stategic placement in battle, this isn't the army fighting off zombies, it's 4 lone surviors trying to escape from... a mall so yeah. Upgrades? yeah i should put that in but i think i'll be to lazy lol.

as for puchasing weapons, well there are traders around trying to take advantage of surviors by making the ammo prices really high, and you do get money for killing zombies... well only if you loot their bodys, to loot all you will have to do is walk over the dead zombie body.

And for a meele, primary and secoundry... that would be awesome but i'll just stick with wielding one weapon at a time... since it won't just be one player fighting off the zombies... (HINT HINT)

And starting with NO weapons? yeah that's what i'm doing but your pretty much dead if you try to take on the zombies with no weapons as my zombies start of as slow and easy to kill, but if they attack you... your pretty much dead if you have no meele weapon, but don't worry, my games about avoiding the zombies for the first level or two then you get the weapons... heh heh heh stupid zombies

So Fyrefox... nice questions!!

Showing 16-30 of 174