ForumsSupport Forumthread limits

15 4030
redwinger333
redwinger333
339 posts
Nomad

just an idea here, but there should be some limit on the number of threads one person can produce in a certain time period. this idea stems from the fact that i just witnessed someone making 5 different threads all wrapped around the same topic, and i think a thread limit would help to eliminate spam like this... maybe one thread per half hour? or maybe once per 15 mins... something like that leave some feedback on your ideas

• 15 Replies
DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

That is a good idea... someone just made 5 threads about the same subject... this would stop that kind of spam... it wouldn't be anything different than waiting 30 seconds to post another comment.

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
360 posts
Peasant

Yeah there is kind of something like that, but not as good. The 30 second rule kind of helps against spammers so they can't post as fast as usuall.

redwinger333
redwinger333
339 posts
Nomad

well.. thats for comments at least... but im talkin bout a limit on the topics you can post... check out the game forum and check out all the "is this true" threads... this is the kind of stuff im talkin bout

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Well, not very many people make a whole load of threads about the same thing(i saw them all too), so I don't think it should be around 30 min.! Perhaps 15 yes, that wouldn't make it such an annoyance as sometimes you have an idea, but will have to wait forever to post it, which a lot of people have no patience and aren't willing to wait that long.
However, I do think there should be a limit, after all if someone tries to make a bunch of topics again, they probably won't wait around to make their 3rd-5th one after waiting 15 min. each. My take on the subject

redwinger333
redwinger333
339 posts
Nomad

yea, even a 5-10 minute waiting period would do wonders... you dont see it often, but when people spam topics like that... it gets rly annoying

thanks for the feedback so far

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

those spammy topics don't pop up much, and are usually ignored, killed, or are now are enjoyment pleasure. [Before spam attacks].

The POST thing is a BAD problem. Its rather annoying, and to make it worse I say it should only be 10 seconds. Because to be honest, A spammer may not be able to post as much, but I say if theres a spammer, he'll spam on a thread until he's shot. I've never seen spammers go for multiple threads, and If I was a spammer I could even do that WITH the 30 sec. rule.

For making threads, I'm with that.

Wolfman
Wolfman
154 posts
Nomad

I agree with the idea.
I think about 15 minutes is fine.

Raxter
Raxter
143 posts
Nomad

Good idea and maby also make it impossible to make threads with same name like..

"Sorry this thread name is allready in use"

Don't know if this allready excist, but i dident see that yet =P

Raxter
Raxter
143 posts
Nomad

lol, i ment topic's sorry

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Well, it would indeed help us a lot, but users don't usually create many topics at the same time.
And even if they do, we can quickly react and lock them or even delete them...

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well the spammer, or whoever, probably won't use the exact same name. I think if you want to make a topic, you must get a mod's permission.

darkblust
darkblust
161 posts
Nomad

i dont think this is a good idea,cause i am only on about once a day,and i want to post some interesting stuff.but it could be good if there was a limit to how many times u could post in one place.('_'

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yea Coheed I like that idea so people wont make a topic that already exsists.

David858
David858
181 posts
Nomad

Raxter, thats not a very good idea. Some on could just type different. Like This "Sonny", but then they could just do " Who likes Sonny".

But Red winger, great idea!

Kererr
Kererr
135 posts
Nomad

The idea COULD be implemented.

But, I don't think it will. If the site has enough active moderators around, all this could be stopped by simply locking all threads with a certain title.

Showing 1-15 of 15