ForumsProgramming ForumHow do I make a flash game?

5 4052
sorrowsneptune
sorrowsneptune
35 posts
Nomad

I just thought: it'd be fun to make a flash game. (well, probably everyone who plays flash games and has a good imagination thinks so too)

but I don't have the slightest clue how to make one? I'm guessing you need to install a special program. so these are the questions I have to ask:

1) what's a recommended system to use to make flash games?

2) how much does it cost?

3) does it work for mac? (even if it does not work for mac, I'd still like you to mention it since my brother is saving up for a laptop)

• 5 Replies
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

To make Flash games, you need Flash. It does cost money. If you, or a sibling, is in school, you can get a discounted price on it. Just look for academic pricing. Just be prepared to spend around $200 for the student version, or about $900 for the professional version. One more thing, don't attempt to get the newest version illegally, you'll undoubtedly end up in trouble.

sorrowsneptune
sorrowsneptune
35 posts
Nomad

don't worry, I'm not the type to do illegal stuff.

wow, $200-$900. thanks dank!
oh and 3 more questions:

1) so "Flash" is the name of the program?

2) you mean school as in college right?

3) exactly where can I buy it?

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Any student is eligible for the academic pricing. Just search 'academic software' on Google. Academic superstore is one of the bigger sites you can get the discounts at.

sorrowsneptune
sorrowsneptune
35 posts
Nomad

so you don't need to be in college to get the discount, but you can be any type of 'school student'. ok, I get that. thanks again dank!

QBalltheQ
QBalltheQ
12 posts
Nomad

Flash is from Shockwave Flash (.swf), the original company who made flash (now it is Adobe)
Flash makers are available through mostly the internet and some office stores.
Also, there's a flash maker called LiveSwif, however, It doesnt support ActionScript and is allaround terrible.

Showing 1-5 of 5