ForumsWEPRParallel Universes

37 9086
hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

I just was wondering what people thought about the theory of parallel universes. The theory states that there are infinite parallel universes where a different decision was made that changed following events. Also, I think the term might be better called Parallel Multiverses.

• 37 Replies
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

But information is neither energy nor matter - information is a concept created by humanity to describe data collected by observation, regardless of how you put it. Everything in the world would continue to exist as it is regardless of whether we gathered the information or not. Well, perhaps we wouldn't be here, but that's beside the point of what I'm trying to say - information is merely an abstract concept created by humans to describe everything that we observe, but the things that we observe would exist as they exist regardless of whether we observed them or not.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Parallel universes are an interesting idea. Rather intriguing, if you ask me:

I wonder if there is an alternate world, just like our own, identical in every single way, except in that wordl I did not post this message....

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Well, according to the theory of Parallel Universes there is one.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Although we cannot definetly prove there is one, I find this kindof cool, someone just like me in every way, except different in one, small little detail.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Well, there is some argument about the difference only on a neuclear level. Like, maybe there is a universe where Germany won WW2.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

That would be weird, a world where Germany won WWII... imagine if Hitler were somehow still alive today?

If you would like to be on the Hitler Show, call 1-800-Shavis-vorgin-euligas (not a real interpretation of the German language).

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Ha, everytime I think of an opposite universe, I think of the "The evil version of you has goatee." Which would make me the evil version of a a good me. Awesome...

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Haha yeah, I can picture an evil version of me, except he is bald and wants one... million dollars XD

ciscokid
ciscokid
72 posts
Nomad

A very famous scientist oce said that everytime someone makes a decision a paralell universe is created were they made a different choice.

Necrotic
Necrotic
195 posts
Nomad

I agree with that ciscokid, I even said that to my friends in school. Its just that there are so many different causes and outcomes, that the idea that there is only a singular reality would simply sound wrong. What you are implying is that there different realities which are simultaneously unfolding as ours does; the difference does not have to be great, we couild just decide to take a left step instead of a right step when we walk to make alternate realities(the concept I explained to my friend, now whenever he walks he says hes making parallel universes), so if we could go there, probably nothing would be different except for the fact that <insert name here> took a left step instead of a right step at <insert time here>.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Thats what we've already tlked about.

Necrotic
Necrotic
195 posts
Nomad

No, actually the discussion kind of blurs out into other peoples perception of themselves at those parallel universes at this point, instead of what it means; im just posting an explanation anyway.

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

I want to be a prince of Amber.

Niceguy878
Niceguy878
220 posts
Nomad

If there was one thing that wasn't possible in our universe, then it would have to be possible in parrallel universes, because it is parrallel. Therefore, anything would be possible. But if this universe existed, then a &quotarallel" universe wouldn't be able to exist. This creates the theory, that not everything is actually possible.
If everything was possible, than it the universe would be unlimited. For example, if anything was possible, than it would be possible for the universe to be one lightyear (cubed) bigger. The same thing would apply for it to be 2x as big. But if it were actually going on forever, think about it like this. If every star effected every other star by light, and there were an unlimited amount of stars, than everything would be illuminated to extreme heights. Well, is it extremely bright outside? Exactly, that is one reason to beleive that the universe doesn't go on forever, there is one possiblity though. Black holes, their mass is so great, light is drawn to it by gravity. Maybe it does go on forever, maybe it doesn't. If time went on forever, and there was such thing as an ultimate technology, then some lightform somewhere, in the great mass of space, would have obtained it over time, and tracked us down. We wouldn't be aware of it completely, because they would most likely have some kind of cloaking or etc. This brings another theory to us, are we being watched? Maybe we don't know because time goes be faster to us. Are there universes in what we call, the smallest part of matter, the atom? What makes up an atom? Everything makes up something, the biggest star we are aware of, is 50 trillion times bigger than our sun. If that one single star could support life, than that life would adapt to its extreme size, Maybe a being trillions and trillions of times bigger than us looks at all other suns as atoms, and those suns' planets as protons and electrons. And those planets' moons are seen as quarks. The theory of size. I hope some of this made sense to you, and thanks for reading if you took the time to...

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I don't quite get your initial premise: "But if this universe existed, then a 'arallel' universe wouldn't be able to exist."
I don't see why not. The existence of this universe doesn't seem to have any qualities about it which would exclude the possibility of a parallel universe. If something does &quothase out" of this universe or otherwise change states to a parallel universe, the qualities that are no longer in this universe would have no effect on us.
Your presentation of the finite size of the universe, however, makes total sense. But I'm not sure how the two relate. Could you explain?

Showing 16-30 of 37