ForumsWEPRWhy?

12 4503
ZachCraft
ZachCraft
108 posts
Nomad

Alright, so just out of curiousity. I'm wondering what you people think of the question 'why?', please be truthful, and some-what intelligent.

• 12 Replies
ZachCraft
ZachCraft
108 posts
Nomad

I merely want your opinion on the question 'why'.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Why what? Why are we here? Why are people in the world cruel? Why are McDonalds burgers so high in fat? You need to clarify.

ZachCraft
ZachCraft
108 posts
Nomad

There is nothing that's needed to be clarified, I only want your opinion on what the question means to you.

ZachCraft
ZachCraft
108 posts
Nomad

Ugh, SwitchFoot, don't even say that. Why is a perfectly reasonable question, even if it's not using proper grammar.

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

now were getting somewhere

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

It is used to solve confusion.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Why is a proper question following up something like "I like twinkes." and then some one says "why?" would be fine but if someone randomly asks "Why?" to you it makes no sense. In order for this to make sense you must add a question.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Why is asking a question as to, well... I cannot state the meaning of why without using itself in its own meaning, which is not grammatically correct, so... now I am even more confused...

ZachCraft
ZachCraft
108 posts
Nomad

It's quite a confusing question, I admit, but my thoughts on 'Why?' is 'Why not?', try to see if that's a half decent example for what you guys think.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Why not what? There is no subject making it make no sense.

ZachCraft
ZachCraft
108 posts
Nomad

Alright... Explain the question 'why' with the subject of why there is anything, and why anything happens, basically.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

See that works...a little better at least...

Showing 1-12 of 12