ForumsSupport ForumMobile site?

17 3493
obscuredemon
obscuredemon
1,426 posts
Nomad

So I was on my iPod touch at a friends, and I tried out the Internet. No problems, working fine, but when I went onto AG and tried to get onto my profile, it came up with a strange mobile site with a list of games on it. No matter who's profile I tried, it didn't work. Here's a link:

[url]http://m.armorgames.com/#home[/url]

I haven't checked on my PC yet, so is this just a new feature? If so, nice design but sort out the profile link.

• 17 Replies
Axel
Axel
475 posts
Nomad

Woah. That is a weird site.
But no, its not a new feature.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Yeah I got on it doesn't even work.

chitown
chitown
1,615 posts
Farmer

that is really weird
i do most of my stuff that i do on my ipod and it works fine for me

i am going to check now

Hawtnezz
Hawtnezz
7 posts
Nomad

This would be COMPLETELY useless do to the fact that most phone owners do NOT have internet capabilities, and on top of that you need a really good Flash player (Adobe 10)- For the Droid/iPhone(s etc. Therefore my case in this thread is closed. Further questions send me a message forwarding this post or stating it somewhere in the message preferably re-directed towards me.

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

AG would have announced the AG Mobile Site! It probably is fake... i Dont know

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

It IS real/ Everytime I type armorgames.com on my iphone, it does that.

Some problems do remain though:

-Games don't work
-Lacking of MANY features (login profile, community, etc.)

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

Oh, and also:

-New logo
-Copyright 2010

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

-New logo
-Copyright 2010

What that means is that it was probably recently made this month, and the logo is a secondary one they use outside of the site and games nowadays. You can see the same logo being used here

Does that help explain it to you. In fact to me that makes it seem even more legit since most fakes would use a more well known logo, and on top of that probably not as well made. In theory they may have hired that new web developer they were looking for recently and that was one of the things that they got him/her to do. Also it shares the same URL as armorgames, but the m. thing is something you see on any mobile version of a site.

In otherwords I don't think skepticism is necessary. Though it looks like it is made for the Ipod touch/Iphone format. All the other features of the site are not necessary for the mobile version and unlike your computer, your mobile device online can run out of memory and kick you out of a site if too much is loaded on a webpage at once, so in otherwords they need to keep it simple.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I couldn't get on AG community last night because of it.

the link I put to my user page adopted that gold ag symbol with black-gray background. Looks nice

chitown
chitown
1,615 posts
Farmer

i hate that site now

on my ipod touch you cant even play the games and now i have to do all of my posting on my computer

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Chi, just don't go to the main site and you'll be fine. I'm on my touch right now.

oh and I can't play the games either, I need an adobe flash plugin.

Goto74
Goto74
473 posts
Nomad

Mine is pretty much the same as normal AG besides lack of games because of no flashplayer or whatever it is.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

Dude I have got this, even on my computer! NORMAL COMPUTER.

I typed in armorgames.com and then it came up with that website. I try 2-3 times, no luck!

So I have to google it, select a game featured on google to finally get in the proper ag site!

obscuredemon
obscuredemon
1,426 posts
Nomad

Doesn't ANYONE know what the heck this is?

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

Doesn't ANYONE know what the heck this is?

THIS...IS...SPARTA!
Showing 1-15 of 17