ForumsSupport ForumArmorGames Cache

12 11967
drummaster
drummaster
44 posts
Nomad

I've never had this problem before, but the other day I started playing Strategy Defense 1 and it asked me if I wanted to allow cache.armorgames.com to store data on my computer. I declined and exited the screen. Now I've been seeing this in many of the games all over the site, in Sonny 1, Sonny 2, and other games as well. Is there a way to turn this request off, or am I stuck with it permanently? I would like to avoid having ArmorGames store things on my computer. Thanks!

• 12 Replies
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

im sorry you cant armorgames needs some information to have save progress and to just run the game

ever heard of cookies

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Right click in the game window, and go to settings. From there you can determine anything about how much or if at all AG can store on your computer.

drummaster
drummaster
44 posts
Nomad

oh, so all it does is take up space on my computer?

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

No more than 10-20kb.

So yes, but an amount so small computers from the 60's can take it.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

dont worry about it unless its a big game it wont need much

drummaster
drummaster
44 posts
Nomad

Great thanks everyone. I'm just trying to make sure it won't destroy my computer. Do I have to click allow every time, or just once?

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Once. If you need to adjust it follow my steps again and change it.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

@drummaster - if you want to see what they are storing on your computer do a search for *.sol on your computer - usually you will find it in "documents and settings" under application data, macromedia etc etc. You can open the file with wordpad.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I've never had this problem before, but the other day I started playing Strategy Defense 1 and it asked me if I wanted to allow cache.armorgames.com to store data on my computer. I declined and exited the screen. Now I've been seeing this in many of the games all over the site, in Sonny 1, Sonny 2, and other games as well. Is there a way to turn this request off, or am I stuck with it permanently? I would like to avoid having ArmorGames store things on my computer. Thanks!

The cache is not only limited to AG: Almost every Flash function uses the cache. The cache is simply a temporary place where small data pieces (Normally a long piece of text) that Flash uses. You can always say 'no' when it asks you, but you WILL experience problems in Flash devices that need the cache (Say, a game not loading).
delete the cache.

Check your cache. Most likely you will see loads of items (You will very likely see stuff from Google) which you weren't asked about. A lot of it is junk (Like the Goggle stuff), but sometimes the things there are important to the system or a site you were recently on.
You can open the file with wordpad.

Very likely though that it will either be a random jumble of letters, numbers, spaces or weird symbols. Or some kind of coding.
samuxd1235
samuxd1235
1 posts
Nomad

excuse do you know the pathway in which they save the games 'cause i wanna try it on castaway. thanks in advance for those who will answer

Showing 1-10 of 12