ForumsSupport ForumDo making Walkthroughs Deserve a Merit?

35 6324
Royadin
Royadin
541 posts
Peasant

If Making walkthroughs Deserve a Merit, Why does no one get any? I mean, I make two Extensive walkthroughs, but no one gave me anything.... what is the point of making a walkthrough then?

• 35 Replies
Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

The only problem is... someone could have copied a walk through from somewhere else and claimed it was theres... how could they prove it?

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

True, very true...

I guess there would have to be some way of telling these things.

IxPvPxI
IxPvPxI
86 posts
Nomad

You should get a merit for making a walkthrough but video ones no you shouldn't.

Computerfreak
Computerfreak
6 posts
Nomad

You should get merits for a walkthrough.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

Why not for video ones? Those can be proven by saying for example, Yodadude53 presents at the beginning or something.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I agree, what's wrong with just taking some "thanks?"

I feel fine about this idea, and mostly neutral. It's a good suggestion...

Thing is, although this sounds like abusing the idea of merits, giving out merits for walkthroughs would encourage more people to write them.
what? how is a walkthrough bad?

I didn't get his post either...

Lol, people write here that they want merits for walkthroughs without stating facts. I would do it for your opinion to be liable...
Those can be proven by saying for example, Yodadude53 presents at the beginning or something.

Actually, you can easily cut them with, say, iMovie or the Windows version of it. I can't really say if videos should get merits...
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Or just maybe responding to all of you..

There should be no merit for making a walkthrough.

kamakozei
kamakozei
91 posts
Nomad

yes due to the fact that many games require you to beat it to help throughout the game and walkthroughs are often long or longer than merit deserving comment

tommy5649946
tommy5649946
95 posts
Nomad

Why not for video ones?

because well merits are for comments witch you rite so i woud make much more sence if you got a merits just for the writein walkthroughs.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I still stand by my notion that:

[quote=Freakenstein]The problem with walkthroughs is that only one person is allowed to make one and keep it.[/quote]

...but I can understand the benefits of the incentive of getting a merit from typing out a walkthrough. You just have to stretch one and a half thousand games over three hundred thousand accounts. It's not that hard :P

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Basic point here is in my opinion that it's phising for a new way to get more AP...

If you should be given one (which you won't, because you asked for it by making this suggestion... hahaa), it should be given for a written one!
Written walkthroughs take waaayyy more time to make and are therefor more entitled to get one for all the working hours and endurance it took to make them... there... =D

Anyone have a new suggestion to find a way to get more AP? o_O

*rests chin on hand and waits*

chesterthecheetah
chesterthecheetah
1 posts
Nomad

only a walkthrough that you write yes but vids no

Cavlery
Cavlery
40 posts
Nomad

But then that's not exactly fair...

If you spend half an hour writing a walkthrough, why should it mean more than me spending half an hour videoing a walkthrough? As far as I can tell, written ones are more likely to be misunderstood as video ones show you exactly how to do it (where to aim, how far to run, etc.) rather than, for example, "shoot about 2cm away from the pink rock" What if there's more than one pink rock? What if somebody only knows inches? What about resolution differences? It's much easier to understand a video one, so surely they should be rewarded more?

FadMad8
FadMad8
13 posts
Shepherd

But then that's not exactly fair...

I don't think the whole thing is about being fair, or about making a good walkthrough (which should be the primary goal), it's about some people trying to get more AP as stated above. So if you feel like making a walkthrough for a game you think that needs one, go ahead and have a blast and forget about the merit.
GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Yes if you submit a decent enough walkthrough I think it is only fair to get a merit. But if a walkthrough is already present then it is pointless to try.

Showing 16-30 of 35