ForumsGamesSteambirds (Multiplayer)

23 12189
Fact
Fact
188 posts
Nomad

I am really looking forward for a Multiplayer version of this game, it will make a lot of fun and surely has a rating above 9. The first game was fun and exciting, challenging and awesome, and multiplayer will make it even better.

So what do you SB fans think?

• 23 Replies
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

It's having multiplayer!?

Fact
Fact
188 posts
Nomad

No it doesn't! Do you even read these topics? I am saying that I WANT a Multiplayer version...

ShadowWave
ShadowWave
482 posts
Nomad

you're really not being clear about that >:<

Fact
Fact
188 posts
Nomad

Well, you got me now, and what do you think!?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

It would take a long time to make, because if you haven't noticed, Steambirds is a rather laggy game, and having thousands of people playing at once on the same server would be slower than an elderly snail stuck in glue.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

If not online multiplayer it should have local multiplayer, so you could play with a friend right next to you. But it would require some thinking to pull off.

Implementing online multiplayer in games isn't simple. You need someone who can work with servers and multiplayer, you need servers and you need money.

Xeihro
Xeihro
22 posts
Nomad

I agree with the other people who posted here. It would be confusing because multiple people playing could be slow and some people disconnect.

Co1980
Co1980
43 posts
Shepherd

I think a local multiplayer version would be relatively easy to make, actually. It may require a solid processor, though. Player 1 sets his commands, then player 2 does the same. You will have to make sure you are not peeking, though.

What I personally doubt, is whether multiplayer would be any FUN in this game, the way it is. In order to prevent the game from becoming anticipating and thinking and little action, I think a multiplayer version should contain one MAJOR change... You should control all planes the way you do now, but you should have one fixed plane that you control DIRECTLY in real time! That way, if you miscalculate something, you can at least respond to it to SOME degree. If your plane is downed, you can't excert direct control anymore, since you're dead.

Come to think of it - the single player version could do with a mode that includes one direct-control plane too!

Xeihro
Xeihro
22 posts
Nomad

Not a lot of people play in my local area.

Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

It would take a long time to make, because if you haven't noticed, Steambirds is a rather laggy game, and having thousands of people playing at once on the same server would be slower than an elderly snail stuck in glue.

I Agree with Ernie, too much people in the same server would cause a total disaster of lagness, BUT!.... i love the idea.
Contristo
Contristo
1 posts
Nomad

Apparently nobody here actually understands how multilayer actually works. first of all you would not need to do client-server you could always have one of the games host (however then people can cheat) if you were to use a server, lag would not be a factor as the server is not going to be a phone, it will be an actual server(s) and after the phones got the move coordinates it essentially is the same as single player IE blue and red have coordinates to move to etc. so there is no actually extra work to be done really the server would just validate moves were legal and not manipulated before updating the other player. As far as the game goes, since it is turn based, I don't see why it could not be a casual play type of game either where you could have several games going at once (like words for friends) and just do a few moves per game per day. My 2 cents /rant

rawwr123
rawwr123
288 posts
Nomad

it would definatly be a fun game if he made a multyplayer, it cnt be that hard, i mean look at gameslike exit path and colony...

spartandestroyer
spartandestroyer
2,081 posts
Nomad

not such a good idea. supposing everyone went and purchased allurbases and destroyed the cannons at the edge of the map?

eliterazetrooper
eliterazetrooper
3 posts
Nomad

Hey, if STEAMBIRDS MULTIPLAYER was canceled, pls. just create a single player one, AGAIN, OK?! and more new planes like P-51 Mustang, P-47 Thunderbolt, P-38 Lightning, and ETC., then also more ABILITIES, OK?!?!

Ubi1
Ubi1
2 posts
Nomad

a multiplayer were very cool

Showing 1-15 of 23