The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe Tavern[necro]Psyched About The World Cup!!!

57 9242
coldplaya
coldplaya
355 posts
Nomad

Hi Guys! I am so ready for this summers world cup
Who else is totally psyched about it other than me!

GO U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 57 Replies
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Thoughts people?

I just heard that on the beeb. An interesting proposition. I don't blame Sven at all for 2006. That was Beckham's team, not his. His club record is pretty d*** good, and I shouldn't be surprised to see them do well, as they have some quality players. That said, I can't see them getting further than the quarters.
Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

I thought Brazil is always good? xD

coldplaya
coldplaya
355 posts
Nomad

They are !Brazil might actually win it all... but the us still haz a chance

Milos
Milos
848 posts
Peasant

I reckon you could be dark horses to get through the group...... depends if Essien powers Ghana through. But ya have some quality players even if you also have vidic >

We will get through all right! First in qualifications in front of France, I think we have what it takes to advance from the group stage. But you're right, Ghana shouldn't be underestimated.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I like the riots..

There'll be plenty of them this year. SA's security arrangements for the smaller team's matches are woefully inadequate.
Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

I'm going for Brazil or Italy to win. American's suck at footy in the first place.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Mario Gomez? That doesn't sound like a German name.

coldplaya
coldplaya
355 posts
Nomad

Soundz like a Mexican name 2 me!

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

'm going for Brazil or Italy to win. American's suck at footy in the first place.

ya um..... why would you root for a different country when u live in america. i hate people that root for other teams cause theres suck. thats stupid honestly look at bears fans there loyal. broncos fans are loyal hell even clippers fans are loyal.

i dont understand this at ALL its retarded youre from america so why the FUC* would you root for anybody else if they have a chance
FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Actually, USA has there best team that I've ever seen. Jozy Altidore, Landon Donovan, Michael Bradley, and Clint Dempsey are World-Class forwards. Compare that to Brazil (Luis Fabiano, Kaka, Nilmar, and Robinho) and Italy (Alberto Gilardino, Daniele De Rossi, Alberto Aquilani, Antonio De Natale), and the US stacks up well against the top contenders. Watch out for Uraguay (Diego Forlan, Luis Suarez, Sebastian Abreu, Carlos Bueno). They're the sleeper country headed into the Cup that has a good shot at winning the thing.

coldplaya
coldplaya
355 posts
Nomad

Frylock you just got your 1000snt post

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Thank you Coldplaya.

Now, I can't wait for the Major League Baseball season to start, but that's another topic, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Mario Gomez's father is from Granada but he was born in Riedlingen. Bojan is one if the best prospects in fottball he plays for Spain but is off serbian descent. People move get over it.

FryLock19 you might want to check your definition off "world-class" and for that matter "forward" (Michael Bradley is a midfielder). Donovan is a good team player and an inspiration but isn't a an out and out goalscorer, Altidore is way off form and it would be a compliment to him to call him second division quality yet alone world class. Dempsey is amazing but far from world class he is perfect for a midtable team though. Except Brad Friedel I can't think of a world class player in the maerican team..... and he's retired for you.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

Actually, USA has there best team that I've ever seen. Jozy Altidore, Landon Donovan, Michael Bradley, and Clint Dempsey are World-Class forwards. Compare that to Brazil (Luis Fabiano, Kaka, Nilmar, and Robinho) and Italy (Alberto Gilardino, Daniele De Rossi, Alberto Aquilani, Antonio De Natale), and the US stacks up well against the top contenders. Watch out for Uraguay (Diego Forlan, Luis Suarez, Sebastian Abreu, Carlos Bueno). They're the sleeper country headed into the Cup that has a good shot at winning the thing.

i know thats what im saying it pisses me off when we have a chance and an american is rooting for a different country its like wtf
coldplaya
coldplaya
355 posts
Nomad

At least Americans have a chance at the cup. Compared to other PPl
who think America sucks .

Showing 31-45 of 57