ForumsArt, Music, and WritingDraw that Pokemon! Theme: Snorlax (Page 84-5)

870 454195
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

HI HELLO HOW ARE YOU HOW HAS YOUR DAY BEEN THATS GOOD I HOPE THE REST OF YOUR DAY IS GOOD ETC ETC ETC

Welcome to the new Draw that Pokemon!

The old thread was getting quite long, and burdened by Estel decided to make it MS Paint only. We eventually made it all art programs, however it then made the title verrrryyy lonnngggg.

So, this is the brand new fresh clean wiped clear thread, with some ubertastic new rules (basically same as last time)!

Rules:

The pictures must be somehow related to the theme, which is a Pokemon, and must conist mainly of that one. Other pokemon can be included, however it will be the theme pokemon that will be judged.

The pictures must be appropriate, so no Pokefurryness or I herd yu liek mudkipz graphic references.

The prize at the end of each round will be to pick the theme of the next round. There will be no merit prize unless otherwise stated.

Any art program may be used.

Lineart is accepted, as long as it is clearly different to the original drawing. It may be helpful to link to the reference image. However, on this note, entries that are more original and different to the common poses may be likely to do better at judging. BE ORIGINAL!

Please do not copy the drawings of anyone else, as this is plaugerism and is ILLEGAL! If you do so you will be immediately disqualified and futher action may be taken by the Mods. However, if you believe that a picture is copied, please do not make a fuss of it in the thread - instead post a comment on either my profile, Cenere's or Zophia's (as they are the two moderators who frequent this contest most).

Please do not bug the judge about when the judging will be, as this is extremely annoying - and it will turn up eventually, but you must remember that judges do have lives...

If the winner of the previous contest does not post a new theme within FOUR days, then a new one will be chosen by the judge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Already Used Pokemon:

This is a list of all the pokemon which have been used in this contest before.

Mudkip (old old thread)
Pikachu
Psyduck
Poliwags
Gengar
Lugia
Turtwig
Meow
Electrode
Gloom
Oddish
Caterpie
Mareep
Charmeleon
Muk
Shelgon
Growthie
Marill
Furret
Quilava
Horsea
Swellow
Larvitar
Spheal
Teddiursa
Probopass
Sudowoodo
Moltres
Dratini
Squirtle Crossed with Charmander (Sideround)
Hithmonchan
Wynaut
Sandshrew
Ponyta

Old Thread

~~~~~~~~

Well, this first round of this new contest was chosen by the final winner of the last contest, Hectichermit.

So...

Theme: Mr. Mime
Deadline for Entries: Monday 3rd April

Happy Pokemoning!

(Oh and Estel, I stuck by this - AFTER YOU DITCHED IT. I was going to post the first one, but you got to it first...so nerrr)

• 870 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Nah...I mean tomorrow!

And then we can have a new theme and it can be somehow Chrissmassy...

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Ohhh, I like the sound of that!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I...Should be fired. But now I have a reliable Internet connection and no distractions...so let's get this done!

So because I can't be bothered writing Mebukijika so much, I shall now name it Deer!

Champions Exhibit - Cenere

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/mebukijika.jpg

A stunning effort as usual. It almost looks like a colourful version of Bambi.

Nice effects with the Bludge (blur/smudge thing you were talking about). But yea, amazing....

First Place - Zophia

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Screenshot2010-11-20at61022PM.png

A wonderful entry again Zophia. The lack of smoothing in the program you used is a little detrimental to the entry up close, but if I stand a metre away from the screen it looks great!

This one looks like Bambi after his mother...went away...because it looks sad.

Second Place - ABarOfSoap

http://i51.tinypic.com/2cniezk.jpg

I really like the detail in the lines which you have drawn, it looks good. The leaves on the end of the antlers also look great.

I think that it is missing a body though...

Third Place - KingLemon

http://i52.tinypic.com/2j0mipw.jpg

A nice traditional drawing, and the simple colouring is very well done.

Keep up the good work!

You forgot to trace the outline of the antlers! :P

Other entries...

Oh dear...

The Disability Award - Kacboy

http://kacboy.webs.com/photos/Pokemon/Mebukijika.png

It has three legs. And was attacked by a lumberjack. I hope he was okay...

The Spliced Award - Zega

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac127/Zegaxeney/Mebukijika.png

A nice sketch, if not somewhat un-Deerlike. Deersaurus I shall call it!

I know that you have the ability to do better Zega...

The Let it Rain Dear Award - HecticHermit

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/330/f/b/mebuijika_sketch_by_hectichermit-d33nf4y.png

I think that if you had put more time into it, it could have been much more amazing, but in its current form it still looks quite good.

The Armored to Kill Award - BigR

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2281/elodeo.png

Oh Paint, why do you destroy me so!

There is definite potential in this entry, but the white spaces where it has not been entriely filled are quite distracting.

I suggest your try drawing in a different program such as GIMP.

----------------------------------

Okay, so now we wait on Zophia, which shouldn't be long...

For this round only: WHATEVER POKEMON IS PICKED, IT MUST BE DRAWN IN A CHRISMASSY THEME!

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

WHATEVER POKEMON IS PICKED, IT MUST BE DRAWN IN A CHRISMASSY THEME!

Christmassy theme, AKA: Santa Hat on Pokemon

Pick something not 5th Gen Zophia! They are lame.
KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

grr haha i felt confident I would get 2nd ;P congrats Zophia and ABarOfSoap...Can't wait to hear what the next Pokemon will be! I want to get started drawing right away! lol :3

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Okay, so now we wait on Zophia, which shouldn't be long...
I hope you were sarcastic, and if that isn't the case, stupid.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

but if I stand a metre away from the screen it looks great!
I love this comment. Hey, thanks!

I hope you were sarcastic, and if that isn't the case, stupid.
Oi, you. No flaming. Indirectly calling someone stupid is out of line. Also, it hasn't been long. :x

Pick something not 5th Gen Zophia! They are lame.
Cen and I have deemed the following alright:

Haderia
Mamepato
Zeburaika
Kurumiru/Kurumayu
Pendra
RED Basslao
Meguroco/Waruvile/Waruvial
Ishizumai/Iwaparesu
Purotoga (sortanotreallyAbagoura)
Mebukijika
Bachuru/Denchura
Shibishirasu (but absolutely not its evos)
Buffalon
(Washibon/Wargle)
Kuitaran
Monozu/Jiheddo/Sazandora
Meraruba/Ulgamoth

The rest are various degrees of beh or wtf. >_>

But alright then.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/8/8b/021Spearow.png/150px-021Spearow.png

Good luck going Christmassy on that. ;P
(Of course I don't just pick Delibird or Stantler or Sudowoodo or something easily Christmas'd.)
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Whooo, awesome. <3Spearow.

=D Will draw laterz0rz.

Giaru (Gear) isn't one of your favorites? The evolutions are crap, but the Pokemon itself is cool!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

... It's one of the worst.

It is gears. Not even gears with faces on, just gears. With an eye each.

That is not a pokemon in my opinion.

LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

Ack... I would enter these competitions... but have no way of getting my sketches to the internet

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

It would be nice if Gen 5 actually had pronounceable names...because I have no idea how to say over half of those ones you listed Zoph.

So that's the new theme, I'll get it judged in maybe 2 weeks. There will NOT be delays this time...

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

They aren't that hard Ryan. Honestly >_> they're the same as the previous generations. Their Japanese names anyway.

Anyway, because you have cursed me with having to make it Christmassy I am now... Muslim!

Or going to have a very difficult time drawing >_> one or the other.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Something must be wrong with me, I'm just so lazy I don't even want to do art. Maybe I'll feel better when schools out. *sigh*

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

It would be nice if Gen 5 actually had pronounceable names...because I have no idea how to say over half of those ones you listed Zoph.

They're Japanese names. They don't have English names yet, only the starters do. :P Silly Ryan.
kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

They're Japanese names. They don't have English names yet, only the starters do. :P Silly Ryan.

I thought they were the actual names too. :P
I realized they weren't when they released the starters in english. Hopefully they're easier and actually somewhat original.
Showing 661-675 of 870