ForumsArt, Music, and WritingSpring Armatar Contest

420 85141
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

Spring is finally here! And with the change of the seasons, so arrives the Spring Armatar Contest!

You can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of the Spring. If it meets our quality standards, I will add it to the 1AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here. You can also check out a few select returning Spring armatars from 2009 in the 5AP section.

There are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be Spring themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing great armatars =)

• 420 Replies
SlimyGames
SlimyGames
42 posts
Nomad

resized
http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/SlimyGames/Snail3.jpg

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Ahhhhh. Now that it's been resized, it looks much better. It looks completely different than most pics posted here. What program?

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Yeah. What program do you use? Because it looks too perfect.

SlimyGames
SlimyGames
42 posts
Nomad

Photoshop . Burn and dodge tool to make the shadows look realistic .

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Ah. Well then. Maybe others should try using that. It looks great.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Ah, better get to saving that in the folder. Looks impressively realistic to be honest, haven't been many entries of such a high standard.

My suggestion to you sir, would be to come back around 20 June for the Summar Armatar Contest. I'm sure you'll be able to make something by then, which will be accepted.

It's already rather late in this competition, only two more weeks until summer. Your snail might still make it in, though.

A5Master
A5Master
29 posts
Nomad

my armatar wins :]

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

It's already rather late in this competition, only two more weeks until summer. Your snail might still make it in, though.

I really hope they add more armatars before summer ends. I really like some of these. Especially mine =P. I hope it makes it.

my armatar wins :]

I've seen you around lately. Could you please stop making useless posts everywhere you go? Thanks.
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Da*mned spammer. I hate this crap... First of all, you clearly did not make that, and even if you did, that is a picture and not something you drew, so it wouldn't be accepted anyway. Please don't do this again.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Seems like the quality standard isn't good enough (hard to imagine, but still) or Carlie simply hasn't gotten around to check out the new entries lately... :S

I don't see any new additions to the armatar section from this competition...

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

It's possible, up until the end. I think I remember something being included as an armatar a week or two before the competition ended. Erm, was it Spring or Summer last year?

Not sure.

ArmouredGamer98
ArmouredGamer98
13 posts
Nomad

i think sourwhatup2s' the best

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I think you are several dozen pages late.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

LOL I think you are right about them being chosen at the very end, but it seemed a little long since the last ones were picked, that's all I noticed...

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I remember Carlie saying she would be busy, so that explains her lack of presence here recently.

Showing 376-390 of 420