ForumsProgramming Forum[necro]Any Mac programmers?

16 11797
fridayboy578
fridayboy578
5 posts
Nomad

I have been trying to find a free game making engine for mac and have epicly failed. I just wanted to know if anyone on here new any good ones. Pleeze I am beggin you all!!!!!

• 16 Replies
gluesy
gluesy
65 posts
Nomad

Its still in beta but you can try gamemaker MAC:

http://glog.yoyogames.com/?p=572

Midmenj
Midmenj
216 posts
Nomad

It's not a game engine but if you like Animation its called Animator. I enjoy it haha but i am also a mac user and i haven't found any yet.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Mac programming? Where?

You can get netbeans.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

Well, you can always make good games for Macs for free here. I think you can buy a game making program for Macs, I'm sure I saw one at the Apple store.

Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Adobe Flash, you could try the free-trial, the full version is... I want to say, 500$? I have it but I can't figure it out.

Midmenj
Midmenj
216 posts
Nomad

You can get netbeans.

How does that make games? I am so confused?
fridayboy578
fridayboy578
5 posts
Nomad

Its still in beta but you can try gamemaker MAC:

http://glog.yoyogames.com/?p=572
fridayboy578
fridayboy578
5 posts
Nomad

sorry totally botched that post
I tried to get game maker for mac and couldn't because I couldn't see the image for the code when making my account

I am glad they finally started a mac one, I had it on windows, excellent software

Midmenj
Midmenj
216 posts
Nomad

hahaha yah i notice it didnt work i was oh wow haha. I'll take your word for it.

fridayboy578
fridayboy578
5 posts
Nomad

The problem with macs are that they are super easy to use but the hardest to program!!!!!!!

fridayboy578
fridayboy578
5 posts
Nomad

Well, you can always make good games for Macs for free here. I think you can buy a game making program for Macs, I'm sure I saw one at the Apple store.

I looked couldn't find any!!!!!
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

How does that make games? I am so confused?

it makes extremely complicated games that takes months to make.

Midmenj
Midmenj
216 posts
Nomad

I looked couldn't find any!!!!!

Are you serious. They should sell flash CS4 and Flash CS5 is coming out in like 10 days.
mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

You can use flash to program for mac. apple's program is called xcode it is free for lion.

WhiskeyedJack
WhiskeyedJack
80 posts
Shepherd

Or try Stencyl. They have a mac version.

Showing 1-15 of 16