ForumsThe TavernIs it the Thrill, or the Cream?

16 6353
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Cream, or Thrill

Seriously, I know the "Official Lyrics" says Cream of the fight, but what the hell is the cream of the fight?

By the way if you are confused at the moment, I am talking about Eye of the Tiger by Survivor.

• 16 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I read the title and instantly knew what you were talking about. At first I thought it was "cream". So I wrote that into a segment of one of the tournaments on this forum and that triggered this massive debate, in which somebody pointed out that the "official lyrics" actually say thrill of the fight!

I dunno. I can convince myself that it's "thrill of the fight", so that's how I'm going to pitch my vote. It does make more sense.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

im pretty sure it is thrill. as strop said it is in the official lyrics. And how in the world would cream make sense there?

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Cream? Where the hell did you heard that? I just searched on youtube, put my speakers to the max, and I could clearly hear it's "trill"...

Cream of the fight? Lulz...

Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

Im not sure. ive heared people say cream or thrill. Im gonna say thrill...unless hes singinging about how fighting is much better with whip cream?

1,855 posts
Nomad

i thought this was about ice cream, and of the cream in it was better, or the thrill of eating it :P

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

I've always thought it was thrill. Cream doesn't make sense, unless maybe it's talking about getting ice cream after your big fight, and the ice cream is called eye of the tiger. I would make that Ice cream for my ice cream shop. It would have orange ice cream with chocolate syrup swirled in.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Just a note: Cream of the fight, would most likely refer to it being the best of the fight, just like creme da la creme (or something) means the best of the best.
So cream of the fight would not refer to ice cream, whipped cream or any other foods, but be a metaphor for it being some of the best, most awesome and so on.

I still believe it's thrill, also, it sounds better.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I always thought it was thrill until I read the lyrics. Now, it can be either. In many ways, it's more fun when you have some degree of uncertainty.

So my vote goes to... yes.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Better reference even comes with the lyrics lolz

http://www.lyrics.com/eye-of-the-tiger-lyrics-survivor.html

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard
JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

Just a note: Cream of the fight, would most likely refer to it being the best of the fight, just like creme da la creme (or something) means the best of the best.
So cream of the fight would not refer to ice cream, whipped cream or any other foods, but be a metaphor for it being some of the best, most awesome and so on.

I still believe it's thrill, also, it sounds better.

I'm still gonna make the ice cream, And it will come in a sick ass box with a sick ass box, with a badass looking tiger on one side, and on the other side, would be rocky with his boxing gloves up, looking like he's ready to kick some serious ass. and when you open it, it either sings eye of the tiger, makes a tiger's roar, or says a line from Rocky, and it will be solid gold, and it will have wheels and a remote control so that your ice cream will come to you rather than the other way around, and It will only come in one gallon containers. It's gonna kick ass.
Trumpetfury
Trumpetfury
615 posts
Nomad

uummm... this title is very... suggestive to me... lol... it just sounds bad... and it is clearly thrill!

MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

uummm... this title is very... suggestive to me...

I saw it the same way. Hilarious, isn't it, how a title can be so subconsciously suggestive without hardly anybody noticing. Of course, this one was a bit direct, so I was wondering why this wasn't locked before I clicked on it.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

the cream is part of the the thrill

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

I love this song! It is so catchy. And I thnk it is THRILL.

Showing 1-15 of 16