ForumsThe TavernThe Zombie Survival Club (READ OP)

518 100455
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Welcome, Veterans and newcomers! This is the reconstruction of The Zombie Survival Club.

First off, I'll introduce you to some of our staff.
-SkaterKidWhoPwns- This is the guy who is my 2nd in command. If you cannot get to me, go to him and he'll answer questions/comments/concerns.
...We have no other staff? Well then.

READ THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT IT'S LIKELY YOU'RE NOT GETTING IN.
1. Do not ask "Can I join?" or any other variation of that comment. (instructions on how to join will come soon)
2. Do not make a "Scenario" (will be explained later) unless you are a member.
3. Don't be stupid, use logic and think as if you were in the actual situation. OF course it's unlikely that it will happen, but we ask that all visitors and members be serious and literate.
4. Do not question mod or my/skater's authority (unless a mod directly opposes it)
5. No overly smart-*ss comments against other members, visitors, or your superiors.
6. Do not make a Virus until you are a member. The sheet for making a virus will be given to you upon asking me or skater.
7. DO NOT. ABSOLUTELY NOT, ASK "CAN I JOIN?". I cannot stress this enough.

Now that all the rules are over with, I'll go over some Jargons (slang terms relating to "work&quot that we use here.

Scenario - This is a term we use for a situation that is meant to test the user (as well as give you something to do). These are non-linear, and are generally Hypotheticals. Any MEMBER can make a scenario. Scenarios are generally matched with a previous story/situation and they give the supplies you have on hand. As well as the supplies near you. There's also generally a map that goes with it.

Virus, Parasite, Infection - These are the general types of a zombie virus. If there is not a previous virus that is mentioned before a virus or a plan, it is automatically changed to the current dominant virus (Goliath). Goliath will be explained later in the OP.

Zed - Is the common nickname for Zombie. I.E. "Yo dude I just shot up some Zeds!" Or: "Gah! That d**n ZED bit me!"

Well that's it for the terminology! Here's the dominant virus. It's gone through plenty of tweaking, and I think it's pretty much the most realistic virus in the club (aside from hungers). If no other virus is specified before a Scenario or a plan, this is the virus to be used.
Name - Goliath Syndrome
Type - Parasite
Speed - Leisurely walking speed (2-4 MPH)
Sounds - A mild groan, much like a man/woman in pain. No screaming comes from the virus.
Infection - Infection comes from the cells. If so much as a skin cell gets into you, you'll be quickly infected (aprox. 10-160 minutes, depending on strength and immune system of the user). It contracts a lot like AIDS, but it can be ANY cell, be it secretion or meat.
Hunting - It hunts by smell and hearing. It can't see that well, but strong light in the dark will attract it. Best time to attack one is in the daytime. They can't see in detail but they can see blurry instances of light, I.E., a fire or a flashlight.
Other - Cannot swim. Cannot fly, cannot run, cannot climb.
Believability Factor - Goliath was made in a lab (Codename: Anthemia, which is a prototype of the virus. Can also be used for begginers). It hyper-evolved and infected a rat. THe rat got out and began to infect humans (as well as certain birds, causing the infection to be worldwide). What the parasite does is: It enters the body as an infected cell. From there, it infects all the other cells, coating them in a secretion that fends off any form of decomposer (In short, it makes the immune system of the host really powerful). Then, it randomly selects a cell in the body (it is generally a cell in the torso). It grows to about the size of a human heart. IT then crawls it's way into the brain. IT preforms a lobotomy and hooks into the brain, feeding it with a steady flow of required nutrients and oxygen. It shuts down all other systems besides the lungs and flushes out the blood in the body (the parasite provides the necessities for living brain), and spreads long, muscular tentacles across the zombie's body, becoming a puppeteer. The parasite feeds by slowly eating the host. IT'll take a couple of decades in order for the parasite to starve/suffocate.
Best ways to kill it - A shot to the head, killing either the parasite or the brain. A punctured lung will also kill it, but it'd take a couple of minutes for it to actually die.

How to become a member
First off, you need to make a plan. You have everything you would at home. IT would happen the moment you are typing up the answer. So if it happens at night, then it happened at night, happened at day, it happened at day. For the sake of not-cheating, we'll use AG time.
Then, you have to answer a Scenario. The Scenarios come every couple of pages.
Wait for Both the Plan and the Scenario to be graded. Each member has their own form of grading. Once it's been passed around me and Skater will figure out whether or not to let you in.
If you are not initially let in, do not be disheartened! You have unlimited tries to enter, and all members (should) give you tips to get a better plan.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why the hell am I doing this?
Reasons vary. Some people in the club do think the Zompocolypse would actually happen, and some people (like myself) do it for fun and practice for writing. Others do it because they just like killing and surviving zombies, while keeping it pretty realistic.

Can I make a Virus?
Sure, if you give me a comment on my page I'll be happy to give you the layout for the virus.

Can I Join?
Scroll up and read the OP. Do it.

Can I make a Scenario?
If you are a member, sure. Just make sure it's somewhat realistic. There are no real parameters for it, it just has to be a situation. Try and make it hard, too.

I think that's pretty much it! There are a couple of tiddly bits for you guys, though:
Titles/Ranks - A title or a "rank" will be given to you if you do something outstandingly awesome, stupid, weird, or just plain out there while still keeping it realistic. For a list of the ranks/titles, visit my page.
Members - A list of the members can be found on either my, or skater's page.
Discussion - Discussions will be held every now and again, as a stand-in for a Scenario. There will be a topic in BOLD (BOLD, MEMBERS) to let you know what the Discussion is about.
and that is pretty much it.
Now then, have fun everyone!

• 518 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Thoad, I'm pretty sure your forgetting the goliath dosn't infect animals. So your spreading to rats and birds dosn't work. I tohught we agreeed that a few where dropped into hostile areas, and quickly overran the area, and one broke out here, and infected everyone.

Any ways, the club should be a bit less impossible to navigate. But I am gonna miss those 511 pages of pure win....

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Any ways, the club should be a bit less impossible to navigate. But I am gonna miss those 511 pages of pure win....

I'm fairly certain we all will. Except newbies. They won't care and will be happy. Lol.

So where do we start?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

No no, Goliath can infect animals. It's just that the animals don't necessarily attack unless they are provoked (like most animals).

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Sorry thoad I gotta agree with Orion on this one, atleast you know that he read the OP. Now since I'm fairly certain there was no rule asking when the next scenario was going to be, that is exactly what I'm asking. I have a question about the goliath virus, does pain or joint/ligament injury impair their movement?

cusefan666
cusefan666
39 posts
Nomad

i dont care as long as i know im under your skin

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

If you injure a tentacle in the limb, yes that would impair movement to a point.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I don't know very much about this and I haven't looked at a page of the other thread, just a question when you say make a plan. Do you mean answer someones scenario. Or is it a scenario you make up?

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Not really sure if I should be answering, not being in charge and all, but to answer your question Leo.

Your plan is what you would do based on the apocalypse surrounding your house, within your city, and so forth. The linear progression of what you would do starting from your house to your final destination.

It runs no set scenario, just what you do if it happened in your city, and the world.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I don't know very much about this and I haven't looked at a page of the other thread, just a question when you say make a plan. Do you mean answer someones scenario. Or is it a scenario you make up?

Making a plan is pretty much exactly as it means: you try and get to a long term safety, how to get there, and how you'd get it to BE long term.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Well, I only have one weapon in the house. It's a handgun of some sort. I've never even touched it because my dad has locked it up. I know where the keys are to it, but I don't know why I would want a gun. This means I have never used it. The ammo is in a cupboard in the hallway at the very top. I can only just reach it. It is located in boxes and there is a few boxes there. I would take 1 or 2 boxes of ammo (the boxes are very small so it won't take up much space.) and the gun in my backpack. I would then (assuming my parents and brother are zeds) run into the place where we keep our food. I will choose healthy things that I could eat quickly. I also hope that they may last 3-7 days (I will be living on minimum food) and quickly put them in my backpack. I will also pack 2 liters of water, my laptop and phone. I would then get on my bike (proved by the zombie survival book to be the best mode of transport) and drive to either one of 2 places (whichever one has the least zeds)
1. A cousins house (won't mention names) they are rich and they have made a cellar into a Emergency room. It has locks on the doors and heaps of food. Only problem is they live in the middle of the city. Which means more zeds. Hopefully being on my bike will give me an edge.
2. A REALLY small supermarket. I've never seen anyone ever enter there. I think I'm about the only one. I would only hide there for one or two days

Now before I go I will also call nearly all of my contacts (on my phone). This will also give me an idea on where to go. If my cousins don't answer, I know for a fact at least 2 people on their street have one of those emergency rooms as well. Once there if 1 goes to plan. I will stay there for a few months (or years even if possible). If plan 2 happens then I will have to do a sad tactic. The tactic is go to where ever you please. Hide where you can hide. I will include this with regular trips to home. Now if one goes to plan it's much easier. My cousin (like me) is obsessed with zombies. (We've been planning a zombie escape kit for years now). The deal was we (anyone that we end up with) would work together and always keep in contact but if you can save yourself do so, but if you can save the person in danger and yourself do so. We would have regular checks and rarely have food. They have alot of guns in their house so if our group goes to plan (me and him and 3-5 other people) we would all have handguns. Your hand gun is your responsibility. If lost you have to pair up with someone in shifts.We will eventually start going out of the emergency room. When out we MUST not leave the house and if not back by a minute we assume you're dead. We then (through my laptop) see if connections are on. They also have a TV in that cellar thing (AND places to cook) If they are then we will find as much information as possible. (maybe people have written what the zombies are like) this can EXTREMELY help our plan. Eventually we will run out of food, hopefully we will be saved before then. If not we may have to move to another area (100-1000 people would mean LOTS of food). When all is gone then we will head to the shore (hopefully we will get there in 1-3 days) when at the shore we get a boat and then...well we just hope.

I also just want to say that I can do this solo as well. The shifts will be MUCH weaker though, and if I find someone who I can have with me I will take it.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Oh finally we have a new organized thread eh Thoad? No more - alright, they'll still not follow the rules but, it's nice to know the first post has all the information eh?

Nice work!

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Just wondering will it take a while for the decision to be made if I'm in? Or is it immediate.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Not that I'm impatient I just want to know.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Thoad, I'm pretty sure your forgetting the goliath dosn't infect animals. So your spreading to rats and birds dosn't work.

Ummm i know i'm not exspert here but Goliath does infect animals but it doesnt turn them into zombies. It just kills them...

Oh and gratz on the new thread Thoad!
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Oh and i made it into the ZSDW ( Zombie Survival and Defence Wiki ) Corps! Yay

They have meeting in Dublin,Ireland and somewhere in the West Coast of the USA Yearly. They also have there own evacuation points so if zombies ever do come all the ZSDW Men can join up together!

So i was wondering, is TZSC ( The Zombie Survival Club ) going to have an evac point or a group up point? Or is this going to be a permantly solo thing?

Showing 1-15 of 518