ForumsWEPRBosnia and the Hillary lie

10 4063
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

(encase anyone cares she is like my mortal enemy)

Recently Hillary Clinton claimed that when she landed in Bosnia, she landed under sniper fire. She even said that she had to RUN to her care to avoid being shot. Then, footage was discovered of her landing safely and there was no fire and she walked to her cars and she walked out side and all around leisurely looking at the army and the hospitals and even saying hi to the locals.

Do you think that this massive blunder/lie will affect her campaign at all.

• 10 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

At this point, I think it's a mathematical impossibility for her to win the nomination (at least based off of the delegate count). Perhaps it was a gambit at one point, but right now it's just another nail in the coffin.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

yeah i guess so

but with the nation as screwed up as it is anything could go wrong and it could be a big court thing and blah blah blah

like with Bush and Gore

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Well, the Bush and Gore thing, if you're referring to the "butterfly vote-slip debacle", was actually hugely significant, especially as it destroyed the credibility of the vote count of the pivotal make-or-break election winner state.

This? Well...if you see how the campaigning around the primaries have been going, it's snark here, insinuation there, throwing dirt here and "oops" there. But that's what the people seem to run on...or do they?

Anyway, Moe's right- it depends on how it played out. Right now it's no big deal because there's close to no chance Hillary would win candidacy anyway. It's not like she'd get impeached over it.

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

omg hilary and that bosnia thing is a mess she lied twice first she makes up "sniper fire" then syas she mispoke...the closest she gets to sniper fire is when i play presidenial paintball

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

lol, i hate her just as much as you do. she did NOT run past sniper fire at Bosnia, she's just getting desperate to take down obama. eventually her habit of aggression will lead to her death, lol.

Chadwick93
Chadwick93
1 posts
Nomad

Hilary is a habitual liar this isnt the only lie she has told so far. She and her husband are both liars.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Funny part: Aww, she had an 8 year older tell her a story.

Anyway, I don't like Hilary just plain for her veiws, crazy accomplishments that she wants done.

George Bush, our president has told lies.
Nixon told lies
Reagon didn't tell lies but he was pretty ruthless sometimes. xP [Guess that ones okay]

Most poloticians are liars and cheaters. What is right isn't usually accepted, so they fail. The ones that do have to cheat out to make their way. The sad part is this is a pathetic false attempt to win. Something no one should do. Also, it scares me, she sais her memory screwed up.

.. Who's to say it wont' screw up during the presidency? XP

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

The president isn't perfect, the president is human.

But it's like you all expect the president to be your god or something? Well, I suppose a certain expectation reaching the levels of idolatry wouldn't be surprising, seeing as the U.S. President has been billed "the most powerful person in the world" for some decades now.

But I don't think that's even true.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Well, What I'm saying is theres an extent to being human, you can't use that as your excuse. I could be president, but if I lied to the people, secretly bombed a country and got discovered, I wouldn't be liked.

Just pointing it out.
So, when someone shows that they could definately lie to the people bad enough just to win an election is pretty sad. A human is good enough to know how to play it fair. [I hope]

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

So, when someone shows that they could definately lie to the people bad enough just to win an election is pretty sad. A human is good enough to know how to play it fair. [I hope]

I'm afraid to say I don't think you should place much stock in that hope. It is already de rigeur to lie your way into Parliament/the White House.

Nor, too, should one place stock in the hope that any person in a position of power will perform their duties in a way that will please everybody, is responsible, or even do so constitutionally. You can only hope that the policies and the things that people who govern you won't hurt you.

Speaking of which, a piece of fiction entitled The Race, that I see on the shelves is precisely about this topic: whether an honest person can be President.

Showing 1-10 of 10