The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesCastaway: Best pet? and other stuff

30 41734
superpuffyfuntime
superpuffyfuntime
3 posts
Nomad

Castaway game link

So, everyone, what pet did you have and what do you think is the best pet?
I haven't finished the game yet, lvl 23 and on ice glacier level
training weaker pets is such a b*tch, so I'm wondering, which is the best pet before i regret training a weak one?

I hate training a pet up to my level then i unlock a new place and there's a better pet, i turn off the game then come back like an hour later anyway since i don't like leaving flash games unfinished, yea just a little rant there, you probably maybe experienced this too(if you like to switch pets, that is)

Soooo, I've come to the liking of the female mutant on the wild marsh level, it has a lot of hp so i won't have to care for constantly having to feed/heal it

or maybe a scorpion pet is good because of its poison/freezing powers? which is a better pick anyway, a scorpion or a snake?

So share your experiences!

• 30 Replies
tylertnt
tylertnt
1 posts
Nomad

does anyone know how to make the worriors shield

Ikebeast
Ikebeast
19 posts
Nomad

I think there very annoying in this game personally. I love the game don't get me wrong but every time I enter a new area I always need to baby sit the guy till he's strong enough.

I still got that green flying egg thing though. But still why'd they make'em such a nuisance?

Funsuk
Funsuk
18 posts
Nomad

Which is best pet in castaway 2. Or any trick to get egg of that we like.

DECENDENT
DECENDENT
11 posts
Nomad

ice scorp for sure....

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

i think its the glacier anaconda.

billbatteys21
billbatteys21
1 posts
Nomad

The poison beetle, definitely!

jtdoodle99
jtdoodle99
1 posts
Nomad

i know how to make a warrior sheild

owensonic
owensonic
4 posts
Nomad

to make a worriors shield 1.wooden shield 2.iron ingot

SL3V
SL3V
1 posts
Nomad

easiest way is to keep first pet, walk to next map and stay there with pet agressive while you go and eat smth ^^ so your pet and you get some lvl while you do nothin cause the hp your pet loose are given back by getting next lvl. after this you got some good lvl on pet and it does not die

chie24
chie24
16 posts
Nomad

Well,I spent a long time to complete the game.After I did it, I felt sick D: anyway, I enjoyed the game. It is a good game( But I never play it again )

Daizidawizard9000
Daizidawizard9000
1,609 posts
Nomad

Which one? The 1st or the 2nd one? I like the first one. My favorite pet is a Skull Pixie on the 2nd one.

Daizidawizard9000
Daizidawizard9000
1,609 posts
Nomad

I mean 2nd one as my fave.

_phoenixsong_
_phoenixsong_
2 posts
Nomad

Completed Castaway 2 twice, and started Castaway 1 yesterday. Quite interesting to see the older version of the game I like; indeed, it's kind of raw and rudimentary, and it is clear from the forums and the in game experience that much feedback has been taken into consideration in the design of the 2nd version. One thing they share in common would be their awesome pets!

Before considering the top contenders, it is necessary to 1st understand the exact roles the pets are carrying. In Castaway 1, this is pretty straightforward- the pets simply dish out melee damage to monsters while assisting you in fights, whereas in Castaway 2 they have evolved their capabilities, becoming capable of rendering tactical/strategic assistance with varied attack styles to match their players' warrior/mage pathways and preferences. Also, note that boss fights form a major part of Castaway 2’s storyline, something completely absent in Castaway 1, and this calls for a different kind of attribute in the pets required. The last, and arguably most decisive factor influencing the players' choice would be the fact that there is no auto game save in Castaway 1. Nor is there a way to revive your pet in game if it perishes. Pretty devastating for all pets with low HP and Defense, period.

Castaway 1 has a small map resembling a hand, with a single rest stop at the center where players return to tend to matters after venturing to reclaim the generators located at the metaphorical fingertips. This, coupled with the fact that the monsters are wayyy harder to beat than those of the equivalent level from Castaway 2 makes it doubly hard for both players and pets to stay alive; players are required to retrace their steps (which is awfully slow) back past all the monsters they had faced to return to town, unless they have stocked up on Castaway feathers (which are pretty costly and do not appear as drops) from the money-minded townsfolk. With these circumstances at hand, and as someone who likes to explore various options (multiple pets in this case), I found it far easier without a pet to worry about, especially in the latter maps filled with tough monsters. It’s much easier for weak pets in Castaway 2, partially due to the change which made monsters ignore passive, defenseless pets and go for the player most of the time, and also owing to the fact that the monsters hatch out at higher starting levels. Hence, in Castaway 1 it is crucial to specialize in as few pets as possible, if you dislike grinding and would like your pet to be a dependable ally instead of deadweight. That said, the meagre 3 holding slots for battle ready pets would naturally enforce this, so it’s not much of a concern XD What’s important is to know the pets’ capabilities, so…

Now, we’ll move on to the pets themselves!

As mentioned, the pets in Castaway 1 are pretty much straightforward compared to their progeny in Castaway 2. However, there is 1 major handicap, apart from the insanely long incubation period before the eggs hatch (which can be worked around) and low hatching levels: only the HP stat is revealed to the player, along with Level and Exp. As such, the only way to make sense of it is to observe its effects in actual combat under controlled conditions- which calls for data collection 

Firstly, the starter Baby Eye Guy is laughably weak. I totally wasn’t expecting it, since in Castaway 2 the starter Pink Loomi is one of the best pets in the game! This little runt’s HP will be the same as your characters’ at a similar level; for instance, when I stopped training my B.E.G. it was Lv24 with 740HP (note that unlike in Castaway 2, characters’ base stats are predetermined by level only and cannot be altered with ability points). In comparison, my Frost Scorpion at Lv21 has 1175HP Not only that, B.E.G.’s attack and defense seemed mediocre at best- I found it constantly being overwhelmed even by other lower-level mid-tier monsters. You’d probably only want to keep it for its exclusivity and questionable cuteness or to be accountable to your conscience for the loyalty/obsession it showed towards you early in the game. Pity, maybe, or a fear that it wouldn’t be able to survive out there on its own even without you going after its head XD At any rate, it is by no means battle worthy, unless you’re the type who likes everything to be an uphill challenge

~ Castaway 1 Pets Comparison ~
Lv11 Black Beetle:
HP= 460
Special Effect= None
Vs Lv9 Wild Scorpions:
Damage Dealt= 51-59
Damage Received= 22-26

Lv11 Viper:
HP= 515
Special Effect= Poisoning
Vs Lv9 Wild Scorpions:
Damage Dealt= 45-51
Damage Received= 18-21

Lv11 Frost Scorpion:
HP= 625
Special Effect= K.O. Freezing
Vs Lv9 Wild Scorpions:
Damage Dealt= 45-51
Damage Received= 22-26

Lv11 Ice Elemental:
HP= 515
Special Effect= K.O. Freezing
Vs Lv9 Wild Scorpions:
Damage Dealt= 45-51
Damage Received= 18-21

Lv11/12 Lava Elemental:
HP= 460/500
Special Effect= K.O. Burning
Vs Lv9 Wild Scorpions:
Damage Dealt= 51-59/58-67
Damage Received= 14-16/8-10

Lv11 Ogre:
HP= 570
Special Effect= Stunning
Vs Lv9 Wild Scorpions:
Damage Dealt= 45-51
Damage Received= 14-16

Lv11/12 Skeleton Warrior:
HP= 790/860
Special Effect= None
Vs Lv9 Wild Scorpions:
Damage Dealt= 34-40/41-47
Damage Received= 10-12/4-5

Lv12 Ogre Lord:
HP= 1100
Special Effect= Stunning (plus seems to have high evade)
Vs Lv9 Wild Scorpions:
Damage Dealt= 51-59
Damage Received= 4-5

HP:
Ogre Lord>Skeleton Warrior>Frost Scorpion>Ogre>Viper=Ice Elemental>Black Beetle=Lava Elemental
Special Effect:
Frost Scorpion=Ice Elemental=Lava Elemental>Ogre Lord>Ogre>Viper>Black Beetle=Skeleton Warrior
Attack Power:
Black Beetle=Lava Elemental>Viper=Frost Scorpion=Ice Elemental=Ogre=Ogre Lord>Skeleton Warrior
Defense Strength:
Skeleton Warrior=Ogre Lord>Lava Elemental=Ogre>Viper=Ice Elemental>Black Beetle=Frost Scorpion
Overall:
Ogre Lord>>Skeleton Warrior>Lava Elemental=Ogre>Ice Elemental=/>Frost Scorpion>Viper>Black Beetle

So here’s the summary of the select pets I chose to train and observe. I chose to set Lv11 as the benchmark for nigh all-encompassing inclusivity (with the exception of the haughty Ogre Lord) and efficiency (shaves both training/leveling time and traveling time to contact the Lv9 Wild Scorpions). Why Lv9 Wild Scorpions in particular you may ask? In short, it’s for efficiency and realistic simulation. They can easily be found and contacted in the first map of the Wild Marsh zone, have decent HP to last in a fight while not overdoing the damage done (helps loads in gathering a larger data pool for reliability) and have a nice level realistically proportionate to our Lv11 subjects. Next, as some would have noted, I’ve omitted the Pink Mutant and the Skeleton in my pet pool. I did not include them because they seemed weaker in comparison to the above candidates, particularly with regards to the Skeleton when its stronger relative, the Skeleton Warrior, is in the list. For the same reason I nearly left the Ogre out as well, but curiosity got the better of me- I too wanted to see for myself how much stronger the Ogre Lord would be and how the regular Ogre would fare against the competition. Overall it seems pretty straightforward (strength is based on how late they appear in the game), with a sole monster at the pinnacle (Ogre Lord). It has overwhelming HP and Defense coupled with average attack and an agreeable effect. Differs slightly from Castaway 2 in this regard, where a few elite monsters obtained from different areas balance out the power amongst themselves.

Last note: To protect low-level pets, utilize loot drops to form barriers or plug up spawning spots.

_phoenixsong_
_phoenixsong_
2 posts
Nomad

Reflecting back on the progress of the game stages and the map layout, I would swap my Baby Eye Guy (if it were still alive) for a Frost Scorpion at the beginning of Glacier Ridge for its nice HP and Effect. There is a room easily accessible (just 1 room further from starting room) which has only 4 of them, and the layout helps in making it extremely easy to fight them 1 on 1 without interference. You should be able to secure an egg in no time. The next pet would be the Ogre Lord! Do not be surprised, for there is an easy trick to do so. When you can access the Magma Crater, first complete the Combo Number 5 Quest by defeating 15 Skeletons. You will not regret this. If you’re having much difficulty doing so, you may want to level up 1st by farming in the Lava Elementals’ room. Next, bring along a sacrificial pet- whose demise you wouldn’t cry over- and head to the room where the Lava Elementals are. It should be the room to the right after passing 2 rooms of docile Skeletons. Once there, make sure your EXP is as close to 0% as possible. If it isn’t quite, simply level up until it is. Once done, stop attacking the Lava Elementals; instead, jostle your character into a position such that all four of them on the map can crowd around and attack you. By now you’d probably know that their fire elemental attacks give you negative HP damage, or increase your HP, which counts until you level up again. Boost it till a sufficient level (depending on your level, I’d say 20000 should be a safe bet) and return to the 2nd room of Skeletons. Now, head over to the room to the left and enter it. From here on, use a combination of the Sprint Boots (if you have them) and the Sneak Skill to slip past the hordes of Ogres and Skeleton Warriors, until you reach the realm of the Ogre Lords in the Generator Room. Relying solely on your boosted HP and newly acquired full set of skills (your sacrificial pet should be long dead by now), hunt the Ogre Lords until you acquire an egg. If your HP is depleted or reset before you do, you’ll have to repeat the process of boosting it via the Lava Elementals. If you’re as lucky as I was, chances are you’ll have your Ogre Lord soon enough. Mark these words of a scheming egg thief! XD
Of course, if your main focus is to complete the game as quickly as possible, just any one of the decent pets mentioned above should be capable of seeing you through to the end. Well technically speaking if you can get hold of an Ogre Lord egg you would at most be 1 step away from completing the game/quests HAHA! Glad they changed this in Castaway 2 with the addition of Vulcan

JD0577
JD0577
1 posts
Nomad

The only real big thing I would hate on this game for, is the magical "your save slot is gone" bs. I've been several worlds in, have a large amount of money and because the browser game has no way to be backed up, other than keeping the browser up, my save slot disappears and I have to start all over again. They fixed this with castaway two, however castaway one has always had a special place in my heart.

I really like using the female swamp mutant as my second choice of a creature. I'd love to use eye guy but he's so powerless on higher worlds. I spend all my time keeping him alive, when I could just as easily solo and kill the monsters on my own. I have yet to try an ice scorpion (probably because of the magical save slot deleting wonder), but that sounds like a really cool pet to use.

Showing 16-30 of 30