ForumsGamesHalo .vs. CoD .vs. GTA

16 4487
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

Which series is your favorite out of these three known classic series and none of this i like them both crap you have to choose one or the other and tell why you like the series you choose.

• 16 Replies
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

i think that the overall better series is halo lol. in an all in all scale every halo game has been fantastic. GTA had a couple slumpys and cod was never perfect either

ProjectReaper
ProjectReaper
30 posts
Nomad

I have no honest idea why GTA is in the same breath as Halo or COD really. Halo and CoD are amazing games, with brilliant cinematic storylines and amazing multiplayer experiences. In GTA, you could be playing a deathmatch, and not see another person in the entire match, because they didn't even make true multiplayer environments or even a real multiplayer system, they just threw you into Liberty City with 15 other people and told you to go. Overall though, I like Halo the most, it was the first online shooter i played on XBox and it was the sole catalyst towards a die-hard devotion to video games, moreso towards FPS's.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Halo campaign Cod online and gta for just being able to create havoc

BioWeapon117
BioWeapon117
62 posts
Nomad

halo isnt tht great of a game, too many people making their own videos and sh*t. its just not fun anymore, people got TOO GOOD. I like COD but again people get too good and dont play fair. I <3 GTA IV its a great game =)

ghjbob
ghjbob
2 posts
Nomad

cod is definitely my favorite game for it's online gaming quality

ProjectReaper
ProjectReaper
30 posts
Nomad

people got TOO GOOD. I like COD but again people get too good and dont play fair.

That's just because some people don't have a life, so they can afford to spend untold hours in front of their TVs counting the inches in the BR Spread on Halo 3, and the number of steps it takes to get from cover to cover in any of the maps on MW2.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

GTA. It's a game that you can play over and over again, a type of game that never ends, and there are millions of different scenarios to play out.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

I have no honest idea why GTA is in the same breath as Halo or COD really. Halo and CoD are amazing games, with brilliant cinematic storylines and amazing multiplayer experiences. In GTA, you could be playing a deathmatch, and not see another person in the entire match, because they didn't even make true multiplayer environments or even a real multiplayer system, they just threw you into Liberty City with 15 other people and told you to go. Overall though, I like Halo the most, it was the first online shooter i played on XBox and it was the sole catalyst towards a die-hard devotion to video games, moreso towards FPS's.

GTA ahs had FAAARRR more amazing games then call of duty and halo though. so i think this contest is a tough one
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

you cannot compare games like GTA to Halo and CoD. of Halo and CoD, it depends which of the halos and cods you're talking about. I personally like Halo 3 and 2 the best, and for cod, i like MW2 (who doesn't?) so it's a tough one.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Of course you can compare them. It's a simple matter of which game you enjoyed the most, and which game can you continue to enjoy? GTA wins because of its ability to be playable forever.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

actually, i gotta say halo, because it has an amazing, very deep storyline. i mean, c'mon, they've made books on the dang storyline! unfortunately, there are people who just pick up the game and blindly shoot through it without giving a crap to the storyline. *sigh*

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

thepossum, you're right, but i was talking about storyline.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Ah. Storyline. Please clarify next time. In that regard, you are correct. In the field of story-lines, comparing GTA to the other two is nearly impossible.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

you cannot compare games like GTA to Halo and CoD. of Halo and CoD, it depends which of the halos and cods you're talking about. I personally like Halo 3 and 2 the best, and for cod, i like MW2 (who doesn't?) so it's a tough one.

GTA san adreas.... you clearly did not play that game if youre underestimating GTA like that
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

He was talking story-lines. I myself played San Andreas, and man was it something. In fact, I would play it right now if I could.

Showing 1-15 of 16