ForumsGame WalkthroughsGuide to beating Age of War 2 in Easy, Medium, and Hard.

7 36646
1,855 posts
Nomad

Strategy: You should try to go on the defensive for the first two or three ages, and don't upgrade to get the assault dinosaur. Before you make any units on the caveman level, make the egg turret. Make one slinger, and don't do anything else for a minute or so. They will use the special to drop flaming rocks on you. Next, make a speedy Dino with a slinger right behind it. Keep making those teams. If you don't have enough $$$, make a clubman.

Upgrade to get the Armored Spartan when you evolve to Spartan Age, because the Spartans are awesome, and it is not only fast, but it has the strongest attack, and it can stop pretty much anything at the current age. Do not get the spartan turret. It's very slow, and hits a small range. Back up the Armored Spartans with spear men. If you're running low on $$$, make a few sword men.

On the Egyptian level, make sure you make lots of the Anubis Warriors. They have lots of health, and are VERY tough. Upgrade your turret and make the Big Bird turret. Don't make any chariot soldiers, or Kopesh warriors. The magicians are good behind infantry.

Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT make any specials like fireballs coming out of the air, or rocks falling on their heads, or ANYTHING like that. DO NOT. It will get rid of all of you EXP, and you can't upgrade ages.

On the medieval stage, make lots of griffins. The archers are good to back them up. NONE of those footmen unless you are against nothing but archers. Sell your egg turret and buy the rock catapult.

On the gunpowder stage, make lots of knights on horses, and lots of riflemen to back up the knights. Only a few swordsmen. No cannons. Get the small cannon turret if possible.

On the modern age, make sure you have lots of grenade soldiers and machine gun soldiers. Upgrade to get the tank. That REALLY helps. A LOT. If you can, try to get the rocket launcher.

On the futuristic age, make as many of the combat suits possible. They'll seek and destroy everything. Do NOT make any god's wraths. They take WAY too long to get.

Now you can unleash your fury and become the Age Of War 2 Champion!

• 7 Replies
1,855 posts
Nomad

I think this is a good thread, but for hard and impossible, it just helps as tips. you can win by following it exactly in easy and medium. Hard, you need to change it a little bit.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Insane is pretty easy.
Melee ----> Support -----> Support ------> Support -------> Support ----> Repeat with Melee
Upgraded support range and damage. Never go for unlocking the special unit (maybe make an exception for cannon). Melee is usually more cost worthy than anti armor (except for anubis) and never use special.

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Melee ----> Support -----> Support ------> Support -------> Support ----> Repeat with Melee
Upgraded support range and damage. Never go for unlocking the special unit (maybe make an exception for cannon). Melee is usually more cost worthy than anti armor (except for anubis) and never use special.

That's how I always play, and don't bother getting turrets until you absolutely HAVE to, they're just a waste of money otherwise.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

That's how I always play, and don't bother getting turrets until you absolutely HAVE to, they're just a waste of money otherwise.

Only turret that you should even consider buying is the egg catapult in the first level or the turrets on the last level.
stan4life
stan4life
95 posts
Nomad

nsane is pretty easy.

i just play the complete opposite way, always build turrets, and use one or 2 units to defend the base once in a while when the enemy gets too close =p
Minish
Minish
28 posts
Peasant

I prefer Age of war 1
The graphics are good but I think the old one is harder

puppyguy1
puppyguy1
274 posts
Nomad

No cannons?

Dude, cannon spam DESTROYS the enemy, especially if their age is lower than yours. Their range is HUGE and their rate of fire ain't too bad either. I once easily killed the enemy using cannon spam (I didn't want to kill until i got God's Wrath...XD)...

Showing 1-7 of 7