ForumsWEPRVirgina Tech Massacre

32 8424
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

For those that don't know, today is the 1 year anniversary of the Virginia Tech massacre. An armed student came into the building and the shots went off leaving 32 dead, and many more injured. He then commited suicide in a setting of pure terror.

This really hit me hard when this happened. I live in Virgina, a couple hours from the college. When I got home, this is all that was on the news. "Virgina Tech Massacre! Many dead and injured. Campus on lockdown" My friends that had siblings at the college would call right in the middle of class just to make sure that they were alive. Luckily, none of their siblings were hurt.

This thread is to talk about how you feel about this, and to honor those that are dead. April 16th is a day to remember.

• 32 Replies
Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

I don't think anyone wants to get shot anywhere. True if we all did carry guns there would be a large amount of suspicion of each other about what your going to do with it and if you reach down like your reaching for your gun someone else might get scared and fire off their gun. Also many gangs don't have guns, they use knives, clubs, fists, etc., if you make it madndotory to carry a gun think what will happen with gang violence.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

^^Yeah, I ment that giving criminals some more power is just giving them a key to do more crime.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Yea so madatory gun thing very very bad idea. At any rate it is still sad about what happened virgina tech. I think it would be a good idea for school security to have guns.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Don't they allready for major schools and collages? If not they should!

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

"Why don't we destroy ALL guns? That seems just as likely, and even more valuable to humanity."

Um... dumb statement, no offense. You see, this is the problem with destroying, or taking away, all guns - the bad guys with still have/make their own guns, even though it is illegal, but no good people will have any guns to defend themselves with. Don't believe it? Too bad, it's true; drugs are illegal, but people still do it, and MAKE it.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Um... dumb statement, no offense. You see, this is the problem with destroying, or taking away, all guns - the bad guys with still have/make their own guns, even though it is illegal, but no good people will have any guns to defend themselves with. Don't believe it? Too bad, it's true; drugs are illegal, but people still do it, and MAKE it.

I agree evan some bad things such as guns come in handy, if you don't agree think of it like this... There will be wars, when this happens people will want to have better technolgey then the other "eneimies". They will develope guns or some sort of devistating wepons to out monover and get the upper hand in the war.

So taking guns away will olny bring something worse or them becak, this was just my ophinion.

(and to stay on topic)

Yeah Im not 100% sure but there was some kind of security there..wasen't it?
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

I heard a story in a magazine. A kid was in school when a student came in and started playing shoot em up. They hid behind a table, but not before the kids best friend and crush were shot. So as they were hiding behind the table, they guy was shooting at them. when he went to reload, The kid got pissed off and attacked him with a pencil. He stopped him long enough for the cops to rush in, but the guy shot him in the face, the pencil didnt hurt him coz he was wearing a bulletproof vest. The kid got out of the hospital and is now a town hero. what if somebody had done that at the college? Not as many people would have died, that kid saved a number of people from being shot.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

I heard a story in a magazine. A kid was in school when a student came in and started playing shoot em up. They hid behind a table, but not before the kids best friend and crush were shot. So as they were hiding behind the table, they guy was shooting at them. when he went to reload, The kid got pissed off and attacked him with a pencil. He stopped him long enough for the cops to rush in, but the guy shot him in the face, the pencil didnt hurt him coz he was wearing a bulletproof vest. The kid got out of the hospital and is now a town hero. what if somebody had done that at the college? Not as many people would have died, that kid saved a number of people from being shot.

I'm pretty sure that isn't true... Anyway, I heard Megamickel bringing this up in the Chat Room. He was making jokes at it, poking fun at such a horrible event, mocking the deceased... It just sickens me. Somebody walks into a building, kills 32 people, wounds 25 more, then puts his gun to his head and pulls the trigger. Megamickel responded to this by saying that "those kids had better be glad that he didn't bring his gundam." It's just twisted... How can somebody act like that?
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

i dont know... But it is true seriously

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

No it's not.

"Around 7:15 a.m. EDT on April 16, 2007, Cho killed two students, Emily J. Hilscher and Ryan C. "Stack" Clark, on the fourth floor of West Ambler Johnston Hall, a high-rise co-educational dormitory. Investigators later determined that Cho's shoes matched a blood-stained print found in the hallway outside Hilscher's room. The shoes and bloody jeans were found in Cho's dorm room where he had stashed them after the attack.
Within the next two and a half hours, Cho returned to his room to re-arm himself and mailed a package to NBC News that contained pictures, digital video files and documents. At approximately 9:45 a.m. EDT , Cho then crossed the campus to Norris Hall, a classroom building on the campus where, in a span of nine minutes, Cho shot dozens of people, killing 30 of them. As police breached the area of the building where Cho attacked the faculty and students, Cho committed suicide in Norris 211 with a gunshot to his temple. Cho's gunshot wounds destroyed his face, frustrating identification of his body for several hours. The police identified Cho by matching the fingerprints on the guns used in the shootings with immigration records. Before the shootings, Cho's only known connection to Norris Hall was as a student in the sociology class, Deviant Behavior, which met in a classroom on the second floor of the building. Although police had not stated positively at the time of the initial investigation that Cho was the perpetrator of the Norris Hall shootings and the earlier one at West Ambler Johnston Hall, forensic evidence confirmed that the same gun was used in both shooting incidents."

-Wikipedia

I know that wikipedia isn't the best source, but when it comes to an incident as well know as this it is pretty reliable.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

how do you know were talking about the same thing, i wasnt talkin about V-tech

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Then say what you are talking about. If you say that it's about a shooting, and this is a thread about V-Tech, people will assume that your post is about V-Tech...

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

read the end of the post

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Well, sorry for the mistake. Could you please post a link to your source for this information? The way that you explained it is a little... Confusing.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

I dont have a link the "link" Was in a magazine, but let me try

Showing 16-30 of 32