ForumsArt, Music, and WritingEndril and End Cold

389 81652
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Everyone makes these, so I decided to try my luck. Please comment on what you think.

I use the people I'm friends with in the story, as well as random people I find compliment the story. All characters are from AG and are represented by their armatar. I don't have a title yet. The first post will be the first chapter.

• 389 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It's polite to ask a user before you use them in your story.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

No it's not. It doesn't matter.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

But if it gets your panties out of a wad I'll kill you off.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

ohh! can I do the killing? lol

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Nope, I'm afraid Sloth does the honors. I now present the fourth and final part of chapter one, where our heroes begin their quest. Commander dude, your introduction will soon come, but until then enjoy.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Nurv, Cowmaster, and Jeol turned at the arrival of the voice. They were shocked at what they saw. The figure was a large, hooded man. As hey looked up at him, they noticed a soft, green light pulsating around him. All the sudden the grass was greener, the sun was brighter and hotter. None dared to make a sound as the figure glided across the ground until he reached them.
âA sad story, one that would fill you with despair. You are best to scurry on home; else I might be tempted to tell you. Go on now.â Jeol, the most reckless of the three, could not resist.
âPlease, tell us how!â Jeol begged, as all three had forgotten that the tree in question was right behind them. The wraith-like figure paused, and as they sat in the silence, the three animals began to experience an abnormality around them: Jeol, just reaching full growth and having big aspirations for running the warren, felt sad and heavy, as though he couldnât and didnât want to move; Nurv, boldest of the three, felt quiet and serene, as if words had no worth in the world; and Cowmaster, the largest, fiercest hawk the warren had ever seen, felt a deep, ominous sense of foreboding, as if he was falling into a deep pit and his wings would not work. As these feelings of sadness, serenity, and horror mixed together into a vortex of utter evil, and just when they couldnât bear it anymore the wraith finally spoke, a whisper like autumn leaves, shriveled and forgotten.
âVery well. Once, there was a rich man who prospered. He was rich and popular, and became arrogant and foolish in his wealth. Once he had all he could desire, he went off for even more. So this man set out to find me. Although I do not exist in this place, he found me using ancient, forbidden ways. I was displeased, but when I realized all he had gone through to reach me, I relented and heard him out. He wanted one thing. Eternal life. At first, I had told him that it was impossible. But he was persistent, so in the end we decided to make a deal.â Jeol thought he heard a muted sound from LazyOne. âI decided that in return for the secret for eternal life, he would give me all the wealth he had ever acquired. I suspected he would attempt to hoodwink me, so I warned him of the consequences of not fulfilling the contract. He agreed, and left with the instructions for eternal life. Many years later, He had not returned and I went in search of him. I found him, full of eternal life, prospering and ruling a mighty kingdom. I was furious. Knowing he was aware of consequences, I immediately punished him. To this day, he remains a tree, a sign to all who disobey me.â The small party stood stock still, stunned by the story. Jeol tuned to look at LazyOne, who looked even more haggard and dead than before. Then the wraith laughed. It was the most horrible sound that the rabbits and hawk had ever heard. It was as if ice had set in their souls and was slowly consuming them. Jeol and Nurv desperately wanted to run, however Cowmaster stood tall and stared down the laugh.
âWhy are you here?â He said defiantly.
âI am here to talk to the three of you. You see, I am the master of all things in this earth. My elemental powers are unlimited. Once upon a time, in a state of boredom, I decided to create a place to raise a small group of animals. Your warren.â
Nurv was furious. âThatâs not true, Gantic formed this warren!â But the wraith only laughed again, cowing the two rabbits.
âYes, I made this warren, and I could just as easily destroyed it. So if that is not what you want, I have some instructions for you.â The animals waited. âYou see, when I came for LazyOne, he immediately his immortality. I want it back. He extracted it, and had the servants of his mighty empire hide it somewhere. If you do not want your warren destroyed, you will go and find it for me.â Nurv, Cowmaster, and Jeol were stunned. As they took the last half hour in, the wraith said, âNow, will you go now or perish?â Nurv stepped forward.
âWhere must we go?â
His city was beyond the horizon, in a distant land full of gold and silver. To find it, you must travel east until the sun is gone. From there, you will find the lake, and there you will find the keeper of the maps. If you pass his test, he will show you the rest of the way. If you do not succeed, you will find all your friends dead upon our arrival.â The three friends looked at each other.
âWhat is your name?â
âKnockoutSloth, but simply Sloth to a commoner like you.â Nurv glared.
âSurely you will let us warn our warren and tell them why we are leaving?â
âNo. Leave now, before I withdraw my offer.â With that, Sloth dematerialized, and the three were alone. They looked to the east, a sparse expanse of land that made it to the horizon. Nurv looked at them.
âWell, letâs be off, I guess.â As they started on their way, a voice behind them said;
âGood luck. I cannot tell you where it is, but if you are lost, you are found.â Nurv nodded gratefully at the tree.
âThank you LazyOne. Weâll be back.â The three animals had not noticed the rain had come to a peak, and as the downpour battered them, they made their way into the east.
End of Chapter 1

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

The story is interesting so far. Though, those symbols kind of get in the way if you know what I mean. =P

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

I hate those so much man, I'm simply going to use italics for chapter two.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Thank you! Do Italics work?

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Yers. I'll do them straight out of Word.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

I have an all day national passing camp tomorrow, so I'll probably be submitting either none or one part tomorrow, in the late afternoon. Stay tuned to see Sloth put his evil plan into motion!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

No it's not. It doesn't matter.

It may not matter but it is still polite to do so. Should anyone object to your unauthorized portrayal of them, you won't have a leg to stand on.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

What do I care that someone doesn't like being written as a fictional armatared character? If anyone thought that they need to man up.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Oh just read it after crushing some castles! Now its really getting good

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Yep! And chapter two will only bring more!

Showing 31-45 of 389