ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Cow Story

86 21075
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Over a year ago i wrote a story about cows and their journeys. I have gone back now and edited it, added small details not there before. Names have been changed. Now i present to you....

THE COW STORY

• 86 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

:0 The suspense! I can barely take it!

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I sure wouldn't like being one of those cows.

Einon
Einon
4 posts
Peasant

i cant read ir

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

The markings are " "s or 's. Does that help?

I might not get part three in today, sorry guys, but alas, i shall try!

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hmmm, Alas, I will wait for thee to finish the Chapter 3!!

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

"Welcome to your new home," the farmer said. The cows stared at a massive farm with a barn that could fit nearly 400 hundred cows. The barn had large pen with concrete walls in the front of it near the house and even bigger pasture on the side of it. On the other side sat a large machine shed. Three large silos towered over the barn from the back. The cows huddled in a corner with Ross in the front, unafraid. The cows native to the barn cautiously moved toward the newcomers, not sure what to think of them.
"Why are there only twelve of us? We had thirteen." asked Ross after doing a head count.
"The farmer took one away to be butchered, he was low on steaks," explained Joe.
A cow came forward from already gather 170 cows, with more too lazy to come out and meet the newcomers.
"Welcome friends, my name is Stewart, though you can just call me Stew. Would you like me to show you where youâll be sleeping?"
"You know the rules! No speaking to newcomers!" yelled a cow from the group.
Ignoring the cow, Stew led Ross and his company through the barn to a quite new section of the barn. Along the way he explained to him the feeding schedule, feeding orders, and the bull named Rod. He was getting to part about sleeping arrangements.
"Hey! Who are they? Stew! What are you doing!" a hoarse voice bellowed.
"Donât you remember? The farmer bought them," Stew responded calmly.
"Then why did no one tell me? And why are you accompanying them around? You know the rules! You new cows sleep over there," he said as he directed them back toward the far end of the barn where the all cow wasted collected.
"No! Weâ¦" Ross yelled, but Joe interrupted him recognizing that it was the bull.
Joe said, "Donât start a fight."
"No! There canât be two bulls in one herd!" yelled Ross, "Hey! You, Iâm taking charge of this herd!"
The two bulls slowly made it out to the pasture to fight for the herd. They both took their fight stances charged at each other. Before they could reset, the farmer broke up the fight and enclosed Ross. He took Ross away and sold him. After that day, they never saw Ross again. Jim assumed leadership of the newcomers.

Rod turned now and forced the cows back to their stalls. He took Stew aside and punished him and forced him to join the newcomers. Stew joined the newcomers and tried to ignore the pain of the new gash in his side.
Stew stayed in his stall all of the next day. The cows went out to pasture to graze with their new barn mates. Around three in the afternoon an ominous cloud rolled over the farm.
"The wind is picking up. We need to get inside the barn!" said Jim. The newcomers rushed inside. The remaining 300 cows stayed out ignoring Jim as instructed by Rod. The winds sped across the fields. Rod finally realized the trouble they were in. The farmer helped herd the rest of the cows into the barn and shut the door and locked them before he moved into the basement with his family.
"Tornado!" some cows screamed.
All the cows made it in the barn safe. Within five minute the barn started to shake. The foundation creaked. The doors violently shook. The winds were howling. Parts of the roof were being stripped of until the tornado tore the whole roof off the barn. The cows were at the mercy of the storm. All they could do was lie down, huddle together and hope for the tornado to pass on by without blowing them away.

I replaced all the quotation so there should only be markings for apostrophes. Im also going to make a list of all the cows with names in this story and post it.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Bravo!!! I can't wait to see how the newcomers handle this! (I've forgotten a lot of the story)

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Ive added a crapload since you read it last Nurv thats probably why it seems like you forgot a ton Have fun reading the cow story!

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Original Farm Herd
Ross - bull
Bessy â"heifer
Jim-steer
Joe-steer
Sarah-heifer
Tom-steer
Ryan-steer
Mike-steer
Chad-steer
Jenny-heifer
Adam-steer
Tony-steer

Second Farm Herd
Rod-bull
Stewart-steer

as of now there's all the cows in the story

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Booo! Ross would have totally killed Rod!

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

I like this story, cows are awesome

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Nooo.... Ross has been sold! It would've been better for them to fight.
Conclusion: The New Farmer is spoiling Rod.

I can't wait for chapter 4.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

I won't be able to submit part 4 of the cow story today. Partially because if slight depression of the US lose to Ghana and mainly because the computer is being hogged by my sister. (btw I'm on my iPod touch). But don't lose hope! In maybe an hour or so the computer will be open for cow literature!

Trumpetfury
Trumpetfury
615 posts
Nomad

i cant read it with all the squares and whatnot...

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Ugh that wasn't a good showing by the US, that extra time goal was horrible defense.

Showing 16-30 of 86