Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Sonny 2 GUIDE: Cold Hydraulic Legend Run

Posted Jun 28, '10 at 1:33pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

Ah yes, I forgot to equip that (I had Regulate equipped to remove the Sniper's buff he casts that greatly increases damage inflicted). I should then have two Ice Walls, two Flash Freezes, two Mind Freezes, one Restore, and then maybe Vapor Cannon so that I have something to attack with while the other techs are cooling down.

Posted Jun 28, '10 at 2:07pm

Kurohami

Kurohami

95 posts

Captain hunt's "mark for death" debuff is more deadly than any of the buffs the sniper has. And if he put two marks of death on the same person and you can't dispel it, the person is dead for dead for sure.

Posted Jun 28, '10 at 2:20pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

Ah, I see. Fortunately, he doesn't seem to cast it until after the shields wear off, so assuming that the sniper doesn't get any criticals, I should be fine until the shields drop.

Posted Jun 28, '10 at 2:26pm

hypoxia

hypoxia

601 posts

Thanks for the clarification

Hydro seems cool, but i like the high damage capabilities of a pscyo :P

Posted Jun 28, '10 at 4:44pm

kingpong001

kingpong001

148 posts

TechoDragon to deal with Captain Hunt, only attack the Medic when the Shields wear off. Just unleash everything on the Sniper and put Vera on Relentless when you can. You can Re-Spec and get Restore if you want but i never have. So attack Sniper untill the Shield wears off, then keep a Mind Freeze on the Medic whilst attacking the Sniper inbetween Mind Freezes. Trust me it takes a lot of luck and it will take your more than 2 or 3 times, unless you get lucky. Hope this helps.

Posted Jun 28, '10 at 4:47pm

kingpong001

kingpong001

148 posts

Techo i think you are Mind Freezing the Medic before you have gotten through the Snipers Shield. I usually get through the Shield when he has 6/7/8 turns left. So when it finally wears off he has around 1500 hp left. Just have patience as this will really be the only difficult level; untill Twin Guardians :S

Posted Jun 28, '10 at 4:59pm

Kurohami

Kurohami

95 posts

Well, if you don't take restore, you have to count on tough luck that captain hunt don't double mark someone for death, because not even ice wall is enough to protect you from that. Sniper has a really powerful move that he uses after buffing himself with lock and load that could kill your team member in 1 hit, but it requires focus, so mind freeze him whenever you saw lock and load will do. Restore is really good to help Vera out and dispell marks of deaths.

Posted Jun 28, '10 at 5:23pm

kingpong001

kingpong001

148 posts

Ok, i've never really tried that out. Doesn't sound too bad. If it works then great.

Posted Jun 28, '10 at 8:57pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

Yeah, I think that might be the problem. I keep freeze-locking the medic well before I really have a need to do so, because the shield on the sniper usually breaks for me at 3 turns to wear off. Kurohami does have a point about Restore in my opinion, and fortunately I happen to have it maxed out. I must've misread the part about freeze-locking the medic, because doing it while I'm supposed be hammering away at the sniper seems a bit counterproductive (at least while the shield is still up anyway), now that I think about it. I think I got it now. Thank you for the advice.

Posted Jun 29, '10 at 12:52pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

After two tries of finally doing it the right way, I finally defeated the Captain and got the Predator achievement. Now I am at Clemons (who technically I already defeated once on this file earning the Black Magic achievement which saves automatically even when Autosave is off), but I'm redoing the fight (Theoretically I could just go back in with Vera and Roald now that I technically have the achievement for defeating Clemons alone, but I seem to have developed a good enough 1V1 strategy in my opinion that bringing the others to the fight would probably take the fun out of it) to get Shandor's Darkstaff (I keep getting the other 2-handed weapon).

My 1V1 Clemons strategy for Cold Hydro runs is as follows:

This is similar to the strategy on the first page, but there are probably some differences as the one on the front page assumes that you're using your teammates.

Have two each of Flash and Mind Freeze (maxed out for best results), one Restore (also maxed out for best results), one Subversion, one Vapor Cannon, and an Ice wall (mine wasn't maxed out, but you might want to have it maxed if possible) in your combat wheel.

From full health to around 12,000 HP, Clemons will cast Unknown Condition on Sonny. After he does this, cast Mind Freeze. His attacks for the next 3 turns will heal you instead of hurt you (though I've noticed a glitch with UC where Clemons' first attack after being Mind frozen will hurt you instead of heal. At the very least, the damage number is in red font as though you got hurt instead of healed, but this glitch isn't incredibly frequent and any damage you did take will be healed next turn). While the Mind Freeze is active, fire the Vapor Cannon at him. Right after Mind Freeze wears off, or on the turn before, Flash freeze him. On the next turn I usually cast Ice wall. Then repeat until Clemons gets down to around 12,000 HP, at which point he stops casting Unknown Condition and starts casting other shadow elemental attacks on you, but those can be easily disrupted with Mind Freeze. I still cast Flash Freeze when the silence wears off (sometimes casting Subversion to recover some HP one turn during the silence), and cast Restore when Clemons is stunned, especially if Ice Wall is active, since that boosts healing effectiveness as well as defense. Repeat this until he gets down to the point where you have to stun him and cast Subversion (though I find myself screwing up the timing by casting Flash Freeze and Subversion a turn too early). If you do screw up the timing like I generally do, just hang in there and freeze-lock him until he dies, which is easier than his previous form since the damage he takes in his other form is doubled. Once he goes down, the Black Magic achievement is yours if you haven't already gotten it in another file.

Reply to Sonny 2 GUIDE: Cold Hydraulic Legend Run

You must be logged in to post a reply!