Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Sonny 2 GUIDE: Cold Hydraulic Legend Run

Posted Jul 6, '10 at 11:02am

kingpong001

kingpong001

148 posts

Yeah Kuro i do the same, however the Bomb is do able with the Cold Hydraulic but just a hell of a low easier with the Hot Hydraulic. Is it possible to get the Doomsday achievement with a Hydraulic? Ive tried it with a Hot Hydraulic but i was only level 22 so i wasn't a strong as i could have been. Just doing a Speed Bio run through now, it is so much harder. Though just trying to get the Doomsday achievement with it.

Posted Jul 6, '10 at 12:30pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

If I recall, the Doomsday Achievement is the one where you're supposed to beat the boss in 40 turns or less, yes? This will be the first time I have it (this run was actually the first time I had any achievement besides the tape). So I re-spec to a Hot Hydro and just wail on him? What equips are right for a Hot Hydro (I am guessing Strength)? I'm not there yet, but I figured I better check before I get there.

Posted Jul 6, '10 at 2:00pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

I was able to beat the bomb on Cold Hydro before it exploded, but not quickly enough for the Doomsday Achievement apparently, as the "Achievement Unlocked" message didn't show up. So I think I may need to re-spec to Hot Hydro after all.

Posted Jul 7, '10 at 1:46pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

Okay, I re-spec'd to Hot Hydro and counted the turns as went, yet I still didn't get the Doomsday achievement. The only requirement listed was "Defeat the Time Bomb in less than 40 turns". I did this twice, and yet I still didn't get the achievement for some reason. I have not gotten the achievement before in another file, and when I check the achievements Doomsday is not highlighted. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, or if there's some kind of glitch with that battle.

Posted Jul 7, '10 at 2:56pm

Kurohami

Kurohami

95 posts

It might be a that the turns you counted it's not the same as the turn the achievements counted by. Hot hydro should be able to do it quite easily if you have around 600 strength and with the right abilities. I deal about 4000 direct damage and 3000 damage over time each turn and I got the achievement on first try. I used Roald and Felicity with strength gear as well, but they don't do that much damage anyways. I actually found the hotblood build on youtube because I had 0 experience with it before so I can't tell you exactly what abilities to have, but you should have around 600 strength and 140 focus,

Posted Jul 7, '10 at 5:09pm

kingpong001

kingpong001

148 posts

Yeah you might have to go back to Z5 and do some training battles untill you get the best Str gear.

Posted Jul 7, '10 at 8:26pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

I suppose the turns are probably counted a little differently for the achievement. By my count, I took the bomb out on my 22nd turn after re-specing to Hot Hydro, and a couple turns after the bomb says "30... 29... 28..." (that reminds me, I couldn't hear the dialogue during that fight for some reason; I could hear the BGM, but not Sonny or the bomb saying their lines). Maybe I'm supposed to destroy it before that point? I bought one of the helms from z6, had in my inventory the Supremacy weapon from the Colonel, and the Platinum Leggings from the Metal Warden. Though I still should grab some strength items from z5.

Posted Jul 8, '10 at 6:57pm

Mephistopheles8992

Mephistopheles8992

6 posts

im having difficult time getting past the Android Guard, Riot Police (2). i must have kept trying for like hours, i was able to kill either one riot police or the android but not without losing vera, anyone got a suggestion on how to do that one?

Posted Jul 8, '10 at 9:37pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

Ignore the Android until both RPs are dead, and make sure Vera's on Phalanx. Also, place Felicity (or Roald if you're using him instead) on Relentless. Casting the occasional Ice Wall on Vera helps as well. Aside from the fact that the android occasionally casts a shield upon one of the Riot Policemen, you can safely ignore it (which at first seems kinda difficult considering the debuffs that it can inflict upon your party, as well as the aforementioned shield). Also, when it gets low on Focus, it will undergo a self-inflicted stun for a few turns while recovering focus, giving you a few free turns to smack it around (you can best take advantage of this once the two RPs are out of the equation).

Posted Jul 9, '10 at 6:14am

kingpong001

kingpong001

148 posts

Yeah as Techno just said, go fro the Riot Police first. I usually tend to cast Flash Freeze on Riot Police (1), then Ice Wall on Vera, then Mind Freeze on Riot Police (1) then Guardian Form on me, then Flash Freeze RP (1), then attack. Then repeat untill Ice Wall runs out htne re cast it. You shouldn;t struggle to much. Also try to increase your vitality and Instinct on both Vera and Sonny. I was able to deal 1k per turn with Felicity also dealing 1k.

Reply to Sonny 2 GUIDE: Cold Hydraulic Legend Run

You must be logged in to post a reply!