ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Fire Rekindled

92 15850
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Ok so its time for my first short story. I may continue with this bit or maybe write a different one but suggestions and comments are welcome.

"This is not what I imangined when I signed up for this sarge" said Private Jones as he walked up to Sargent Springfield. " Well what did you expect Jones? As soon as they gave you your gun you would go and crush the rebellion singlehandly?" said Sgt. Springfield. "Well no" said Pvt. Jones, " But I expected more than just marching around without seeing a single rebel". Does this kid have an off switch ,thought Sgt. Springfield, Hes only been with us for a week and Im already tired of him. Is this the kind of solidiers we have to stop the rebellion with? "Hey quiet down back there!" shouted Lieutenat Perkins. " YOu want every rebel to hear you and start taking potshots at us before we even get to the town?" "No sir I dont want them taking any potshots at us" said Pvt. Jones. This got a bit of a laugh from the rest of the solidiers as they marched onward to the little hamlet of Spatsville. "I got another question sarge" said Pvt. Jones. "yeah you got a question big surprise" said Sgt. Springfield. "How soon are we gonna get those new reavtive armor suits? You know the kind that are made of the same armor as a combat suit and are supposed to stop direct hits from these" he said as he hefted his regulation automatic energy rifle. "Probably when pigs fly" muttered springfield. "What was that sir?" asked Jones. "Probably when these rebels stop ambushing imperial supply lines so dont hold your breath kid." said Springfield. "But how could rebel get behind-" Suddenly the harsh noise of enegry rifles began to fill the air as the column came under fire. "Get that private down now Springfield!" shouted Perkins as he dived to cover. "Yes sir!" shouted Springfield as he tackled Jones behind a large boulder. "First time in combat kid?" asked Springfield. "Uh yeah sir how did you know?" asked Jones. Probably because anyone one with sense gets down when people start shooting at them though Springfield. "I just know these things Jones" said Springfield. " oh okay sir"said Jones still rattled by the tackle. The firefight did not last ong just enough to inflict a few minor casualties and tie up the whole column. "Come on move it men! We have to get moving and secure that town!" shouted Perkins. "Why sir shouldn't we pursue those snipers?" asked Jones. "Where do you think they came from private? Spatsville is the only town for thiry miles. If we are going to find them anywhere they will be there." said Perkins. "Heh he really got you on that one kid" said Springfield with a laugh. " I guess so sarge" said Jones bashfully as the other solidiers joined in the laughter. Only about 5 more miles ,thought Springfield as the laughter died down and the march continued, then I can finally get some rest. Maybe the kid will find someone else to bother too, he thought as he moved up a rise in the road. The sargent would have to deal with JOnes for a bit longer as his next question popped into his head and who better to ask then the sarge?

• 92 Replies
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Probably will make next one tomorrow I got alot of things to work out for the next one. Ill remeber that you are one, knight is knight and HQ and Base are you mission hander outers. They might not be in the next section though. It will probably show the rebels view on the newly arrived solidiers.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Nice story. Can't wait for one tomorrow.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I liked it, but it definitely needs to be separated into paragraphs.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

yep yep now that I see it posted definitly will put it in paragraph form so dont worry about it.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Probably will make next one tomorrow I got alot of things to work out for the next one. Ill remeber that you are one, knight is knight and HQ and Base are you mission hander outers. They might not be in the next section though. It will probably show the rebels view on the newly arrived solidiers.

Ah I see. Can't wait for tomorrow than. =D And it's that you can remember, haha. Did knight tell you what TSPO stands for?
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Well I left a comment on his profile about the same time I said tomorrow would be my next story. Still waiting. Havent been on for a while because sister was using computer to play dumb twilight game and enter contest for it.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Knight comes on at night, since he has school. And if you think it's Summer. It's not for knight. He lives in New Zealand...He's probably on his lazy nap...or not...

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah saw a post from him saying he was still in school. Guess I should have figured that I have an aunt and uncle in New Zealand an they told me about the wierd school year.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

That does suck doesn't it? Well apparently this is his last week, before something like a two week break.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Just be patient. He'll reply soon enough. It'll be fine.

The think the O in TSPO stands for organization. Just a guess, haha...

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Alright its time for the second part of my story this time from the view of one of the rebels in the last part. Also a little more is learned as to the reason they rebel.

Bring! Bring! Bring! The alarm sounded three times before Lee Redem finally hit the shut off button. With a yawn he began to wake up but upon seeing the time he quickly rushed to get ready and head off to his job at the local Vox Superstore where he was a cashier. Boy I sure hope Mike is able to cover for me until I get there, thought Lee as he hoped in his air car and roared away.
âREDEM! YOU ARE LATE AGAIN? THATâS THE THIRD TIME THIS WEEK!â shouted Leeâs boss the constantly angry Mr. Vox.
âIm sorry sir my alarm is still broken and there was traffic on the way here. â stammered Lee as Mr. Vox caught him walking in a half hour late.
â I donât care if the empire and the Rudbeckians were having a war on you front lawn! You get here late one more time and you are fired! You understand Redem? shouted Mr. Vox.
âYes sir it wont happen againâ said Lee as he hurriedly put on his uniform and got ready for the morning rush. I guess Mike wasnât able to cover for me. Oh well back to the grind ,thought Lee as he greeted his first customer of the day.
About 5 hours later at his lunch break Lee caught up with his friend Mike.
âMike! Hows my pal today?â asked Lee as he sat at the table with his lifelong friend.
â Im dong okay but what about you? I bet everyone in Spatsville heard you getting chewed out by Mr. Vox,â said Mike as he bit into his sandwich.
âWell you know the same old thing he always says if Im late again Im fired,â mumbled Lee as he bit into his meal.
âYou were out with the Shining Hand werenât you? Shooting up that Imperial column that arrived today I bet,â said Mike as he took a sip from his drink.
âSo what if I was? The Shining Hand is full of heroes that want Schizantica free of imperial occupation. We are helping the people to get free,â said Lee as he continued on his lunch.
âYeah real helpful. Wonder how the hostages the imperials took for the shooting will feel about that in 24 hours when they get shot if the ambushers donât come forward.â Muttered Mike around another bite of sandwich.
âItâs a war Mikeâ said Lee âThere are going to be casualties. Fortunately the more they kill the more the Imperials help our cause.â
âA war?â spluttered Mike âSchizantica lost that war to the Platinum Empire over a hundred and fifty years ago. Where do you and the Shining Hand get off brining us back into it?â
âFor freedom. How much longer must Schizantica suffer under Imperial occupation?â said Lee full of patriotic fervor.
âThe only reason the Imperials continue to occupy us is because of you and the Shining Hand. If you settled down the soldiers would leave us alone.â said Mike as he got up to leave.
âYou just donât understand Mike. I have to do this. Itâs the only way I can free Schizantica and get back at the Imperials for shooting my parents when we were kids.â Said Lee as he too got up to go.
âWhatever Lee. Just watch who you to talk about this. I heard that the Imperial police arrived with the soldiersâ said Mike leaving the lunch room.
âRelax Mike. No bumbling cops from the Empire could ever catch the Shining Hand.â Said Lee full of confidence.
With that they parted ways as Lee went back to his register and Mike to the stock room. Lee couldnât help but wonder as he helped check people out if the Shining Hand could strike a blow at the soldiers in Spatsville that would rock the Platinum Empire back on its heels.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I think you should upload it on Notepad so it won't show those symbols.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Is that just copying it from microsoft to notepad then copying again to get it here? Or is it just typing it in notepad like I did for the first one?

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

You have to type it in notepad.

What I would reccomend is typing it in notepad first, then copy in into word, do spellcheck. Then go back in notepad and fix the errors.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Okay thanks Ill rember that for my next section tomorrow.

Showing 16-30 of 92