The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4726365
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

oh yes it's thinner it sounded strange.
on topic:
1 I tried caviar once... blah. also they kill lake sturgeons to get it, wich are endangered.
2 ambergris? I didn't know it was a food. However they kill whales to get it, wich are even more endangered. I think in some country it's banned.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I have had caviar before and it was disgusting. I remember my dad bringing it home from work before(he's a chef)then he had me try it and I almost puked from how nasty it was.
I don't know what ambergris are though.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

PS is it correct to say "thiner" as more thin?

Actually the proper term would probably be more thin, because thinner is actually a noun, and means, one that thins (like thinning a liquid).

However, plenty of people say thinner in regular, everyday speech as in "a thinner crust" (I even use it that way). So yeah thinner or more thin they both would work just fine.

...but i don't remember if in the US they had it too.

I think most of the really big chains have regular ovens, however Sbarro's has a wood oven and I have seen on television some U.S. places with wood ovens.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I've never had caviar. I imagine it to taste like some sort of gooey meaty flavor.

PS is it correct to say "thiner" as more thin?

You could say both.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Isn't thinner a correct comparative form of the adjective thin? Anyway, both are correct but in my opinion it's better to use the -er ending when possible. E.g. costlier instead of more costly, heavier instead or more heavy. Oh, and homonyms, homographs and the like do tend to annoy at times. Well, that's why we use our heads to figure out the context of the words we're reading right?

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Isn't thinner a correct comparative form of the adjective thin?

Good call. I should have searched a little more on the first time. Thinner is also a noun as in "something that thins another liquid" like paint thinner.
jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

Yessss, I started another succesful topic. Anyway

On topic

Well, that's why we use our heads to figure out the context of the words we're reading right?

Before you say this spam try reading it word by word instead sound by sound.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Another way were using our heads I guess
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

We are. I'm too lazy to find a proper explanation right now but you're right. The brain's a wonderful thing.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I'm too lazy to find a proper explanation right now but you're right.

That's the thing, laziness. We can understand those jumbled pile of letters because as that said, we only read the first and last letters because we're lazy.
jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

It's because were fat isnt it. America is getting fatter while I get skinnier. Fattness equals laziness. And if anyone want to know I can eat like 10 pounds and not gain any weight at all. I'm god(inside joke)

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Fattness equals laziness

Lies.

You forget Sumo wrestler O:< !!!!!!
*Fatness btw.
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Fattness equals laziness

I know quite a few "fat" people *coughmecough* and they aren't that inactive. Although I am lazy when it comes to chores and homework. But isn't everyone when it comes to those two things?
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

No Samdawg. If I was lazy when it came to my schoolwork I wouldn't have been awarded these nice prizes.

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

Fattness equals laziness

No.
I know quite a few "fat" people *coughmecough* and they aren't that inactive

Offensive and Defensive linemen in football are fat and they aren't inactive, they actually have to be really fast and agile and strong in order to be successful.
And if anyone want to know I can eat like 10 pounds and not gain any weight at all

That's called having a high metabolism. Unfortunately I don't have that...
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

My brother has a high metabolism. He's like a pole and he never stops eating. Meanwhile, there's me who is past the 200 lb mark.

Showing 4591-4605 of 9738