ForumsWEPR14th of July: Bastille day

14 2674
Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Today, we celebrate the taking of the royal prison of the Bastille by the people of Paris, the first blow to absolute monarchy in France. In this prison were imprisooned all those who had the mischance to irritate the king.
It has since become the French national holiday.

Sadly, I live in England and will have to work today. Such an irony!!!

Anyways I just wanted to say on this memorable day:

Vive la France!!

• 14 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

And you're welcome. Because if it weren't for American, Canadian, and British intervention(twice) you'd all be speaking German and wouldn't have a chance to to celebrate Bastille Day.

Anyway, just poking fun. Happy Bastille Day to the French. Congratulations on a successful revolution.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

-_0 someone acutally mentioned Canada wow... THANKS! And Happy Bastille Day. Gotta love the pesants!

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

someone acutally mentioned Canada

Well they did send troops and supplies during both world wars, figured I'd give you guys a nod
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Hmm dont forget d-day. Canada had Juno beach to take down. Anyways hooray for independence I guess.

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

-_0 someone acutally mentioned Canada wow...

The reason people don't mention Canada is because we were under British Dominion so saying British I assume they imply all the British dominions like the Aussies and Canadians ect...

Anyways happy Bastille day.
th100
th100
452 posts
Nomad

Even though this is a day full of blood, there's a lot of stunt jet fighters flying across the sky... beautiful.

Ion24
Ion24
121 posts
Nomad

A day full of blood? I must be missing something here 0_0

th100
th100
452 posts
Nomad

Well, Marie Antoinette and some other people were sent straight to the guillotine on that day! (That's what my dad told me)

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Well I think it's important to note that there were only 6 or 7 prisoners in the Bastille the day it was stormed France was in the process of closing the prison quite a while before the revolt began.

Well, Marie Antoinette and some other people were sent straight to the guillotine on that day! (That's what my dad told me)

You're father is very mistaken. The only deaths that day were roughly 100 members of the attacking mob and I think only 2 or 3 of the soldiers garrisoned at the prison.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

The reason people don't mention Canada is because we were under British Dominion so saying British I assume they imply all the British dominions like the Aussies and Canadians ect...

Er...kinda but we have been recognized as our own country since 1876.
th100
th100
452 posts
Nomad

Well, I guess that Marie Antoinette wasn't chopped, but I sort of proved that this day was a day full of blood.

A day full of blood? I must be missing something here 0_0
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Well, I guess that Marie Antoinette wasn't chopped, but I sort of proved that this day was a day full of blood.

I can think of worse days. Like ooooooooooh anytime during the French Revolution period known as the Reign of Terror which is when Marie and Louis said farewell to their heads.
th100
th100
452 posts
Nomad

I stand corrected; Marie was actually chopped some other time.

BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

No mentions of English deminions shame on you all!

Showing 1-14 of 14