ForumsGamesInfinity Ward Vs Treyarch

8 3132
JCKwalkthroughsKai
JCKwalkthroughsKai
9 posts
Nomad

Probably the biggest rivalry in the gaming industry. Infinity Ward usually comes out on top because of better quality games and more people prefer them (from a recent video on youtube, Infinity Ward got 63,000 And Treyarch got 42,000)
But still some people claim Infinity Ward lost there rep, with Modern warfare 2. Anyway what do you think and who's team are you on?

• 8 Replies
Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Rivalry? They were both under the same parent developer (activision) for a long time. More like partners, not rivals.

Anyways, pre MW2, I preferred Infinity Ward, COD1, COD2, and COD4 were all excellent. Post MW2 I prefer Treyarch. They didn't stick knives in the backs of their most loyal customers (PC gamers) by removing dedicated servers.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Like Eddy said, not a rivalry, but past that matter. I think campaign wise, Treayarch really captured the feel of the emotions going around the world war soldier. IW was ok at campaigns, but were more fun than capturing if you get what I mean, one reason being because on cod 4 and mw2, the campaigns were made up, in black ops it's based on a real war, and they have gone so far into research fopr this war, that they actually brought in an ex-russian soldier and an american soldier that was ACTUALLY in the Black Ops movement.

Well one way that shows Treyarch listens to their community is because the "noob tubes" aren't really noob tubes, they are, usually, the LAST attachement you get on only some rifles and bolt action rifles. IW, 2 games (cod4, mw2) of complaining didn't help anything because the noob tube was, once again, the first attachement you get on an assault rifle.
Off topic, but noob tubes may have a return in black ops.

In all, Treayarch is a more friendly and fun co., but IW is the "better" only because of money, company.

JCKwalkthroughsKai
JCKwalkthroughsKai
9 posts
Nomad

I know there is no "rivalry" between them but they certainly aren't best friends. Back a few years ago it was taking Infinity Ward just over 2 years to publish CoD so Activision wanted more money and put Treyarch into the series. IW didn't comment on it but its said that they weren't very happy about it especially as they started this series. Also Modern Warfare was not going to be part of the "CoD" series because they wanted it to be a change so people could recognise that Treyarch was not involved and it was just by Infinity ward. But in the end they called it Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

I agree with theone99 espicially with what Treyarch did with having noobtubes the last attachment means you actually have to be dedicated to your gun! and i hope noobtubes are the last attachment to get in Black Ops

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

*facepalm*

IW's first COD game was made in 2003 (Call of Duty (1))

Treyarch (then Gray Matter)'s first game was made in 2004 (Call of Duty: United Offensive).

You should study up on the history of videogames. They switched off every year so each studio would have more time to work on a COD game so a COD game could be released every year. Not rivals at all.

The tension was mostly between Activision and IW, not IW and Treyarch.

Lastly, noobtubes should be the first attachment to never get in Black Ops in my opinion. Seriously, they take so much less skill than using any gun.

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Infinity Ward made MW2 and MW , MW was good but MW2 wasn't that great.

Treyarch made CoD WaW , It was alright but the only thing most people play it for is Nazi Zombies. (Yeah the best part of the game.)

noobtubes should be the first attachment to never get in Black Ops in my opinion. Seriously, they take so much less skill than using any gun.

Agreed , Noobtubers are stupid . They require no skill and Noobs use them.

The tension was mostly between Activision and IW

Why Activision? Can you Explain that to us?
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

They were both under the same parent developer (activision) for a long time

Except for the parent beats their children every chance they get, and is constantly adopting others and beating them too...plus, this parent is over-controlling and is inevitably forcing their children away.

u c wut i did thar?

------

But anyways, Treyarch is just a better overall company. Their campaign, while not as 'explosive' is much more thought out, and has more character to their characters. Their multiplayer is also a lot more varied and balanced (UMP.45>MP 40 FYI).
Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

A quick wiki to help you understand: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Ward

Pretty much all the parts under subsection #4 are the tension between IW and Activision.

Basically Activision was being greedy (Activision=new Electronic Arts) and didn't give IW developers their money's worth for making one of the best selling games ever (MW2), so there were lawsuits, firings at IW prompted by Activision, and what basically happened is IW left Activision and joined Electronic Arts under the new name Respawn Entertainment.

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Bad link, fixed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Ward

Showing 1-8 of 8