ForumsArt, Music, and WritingLiterature Fight!

402 63809
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Yay for literature!

Teams: In this competition we will start with 2 teams of 8. Everyone will write about a subject. I will then judge each entry. When your team loses you vote off 2 people from your team.
Scoring: I judge on a scale from 1 to 10. After all scores are added up, the team with the lower score will lose. I will show all individual scores.
The Literature Games: Once 8 people are left in the competition, you fight 1v1v1v1, in a huge arena. I will give you a basic description of the arena, and then you write about killing all the competitors in the arena. You get to choose 1 weapon to start with. This is called the Literature Games (Yes like the hunger games.) One person will survive, then you fight the winner of the other Games.
The Finale: You fight 1v1 with special powers and again one weapon of choice. Both entries are mutated so that it takes very much to kill. You will have to write about that. You also have to write about training, which is 3 days long. Again you will fight in an arena, which will be given to you.

Note:[b] You will be given this information again when the round comes

[b]Note:
The whole thing is writing. No pictures, and by fighting to the death I mean writing about fighting to the death. By training I mean writing about training, etc.
I know pretty obvious, so don't ask about it.

Note: Each round can only be so long. I will wait for you to finish, but if you take too long you will automatically be eliminated. If you know you will take long, please notify me.

[i]Note: You will be given updates all throughout the competition by me, so please do not close your messenger.

Remember just 16 participants, 8 on each team.

• 402 Replies
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Imma play.

I need to stop lurking anyway.

Plus, I wanna see how long it takes for me to get kicked off :3

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I'm in...I guess...

Like Parsat, I'm not too keen on the whole thing being heavily based on fighting...

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I'm in...I guess...
Like Parsat, I'm not too keen on the whole thing being heavily based on fighting...

You only write about fighting at the most 2 times. The whole first round team thing is about anything,

We need one more person to enter, then we can start. Do you think I should make a new thread for when it starts? Or not?

Competitors
1. Slayguy8
2. aknerd
3. freakenstein
4. tomertheking
5. Zaork
6. jezz
7. Parsat
8. thepossum
9. Fallen sky
10 alt
11 Xzeno
12 wolf1991
13. Joey6855
14. Xverb
15. SecretMapper
16. Poison
17. KR
slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

is there a subject for each round

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

If you have room for one more, I accept the challenge.

slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

ok thats it we got all 18 now what are the teams......

here they are
Competitors
1. Slayguy8
2. aknerd
3. freakenstein
4. tomertheking
5. Zaork
6. jezz
7. Parsat
8. thepossum
9. Fallen sky
10 alt
11 Xzeno
12 wolf1991
13. Joey6855
14. Xverb
15. SecretMapper
16. Poison
17. KR
18. Wajor59

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Do you think I should make a new thread for when it starts? Or not?

My advice would be to make a seperate thread for just final submissions, and keep this one open for discussion about the contest. That way, we will be able to easily see the submissions all in one place and not have to wade through pages of comments.

This is shaping up to be awesome. I'll probably follow the tournament even after I've been voted off.
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Do you think I should make a new thread for when it starts? Or not?

Would be brilliant. aknerd has the right idea, I never thought of that! Could you state the teams in the OP of the new thread?
I failed at the WoM because I got lazy and I regret it, so this contest makes me happy ^^
slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

so what are the teams

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I failed at the WoM because I got lazy and I regret it, so this contest makes me happy

Took the thought right out of my mind.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

I dunno if it's been specified or not... Are we to play as ourselves, or using an original character?

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I dunno if it's been specified or not... Are we to play as ourselves, or using an original character?
Oh my gosh, excellent question! *excited*

I liek Parsat.
..and desperately want to be on the same team as him or Ryan or Alt or Xzeno or Pois0n so that when I lose, it's justifiable
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

This looks so fun, but apparently it's already full. I wonder if I could be put on hold or something(I know, lame. I couldn't think of anything better than "hold&quot so if one of the players can't participate for some reason, I can join?
I enjoy writing very much. I'll never say I'm good at it, but I would like to join just for fun.

slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

well it only was suppost to be only 16 but we ended up at 18

firbozz_pieman
firbozz_pieman
24 posts
Nomad

This looks so fun, but apparently it's already full. I wonder if I could be put on hold or something(I know, lame. I couldn't think of anything better than "hold&quot so if one of the players can't participate for some reason, I can join?

If you guys are willin got expand it even further, I'd be glald to join this in order to keep things even.
Otherwise, I'm chill. No worries
Showing 46-60 of 402