ForumsGames[necro] What is the best Age of Empires, 1, 2 or 3?

33 54540
Stegarex
Stegarex
5 posts
Nomad

For those aoe players out there, what do you think is the best one. Aoe 1 almost older than me lol but i think that it has the best gameplay. I had a stalmate once, not a tree any where.

• 33 Replies
pavloskitho
pavloskitho
25 posts
Nomad

Age of Empires 2 was the start of the good strategy games

piester22
piester22
975 posts
Nomad

AoM is the best if you ask me but, other than that i like 3.

Stegarex
Stegarex
5 posts
Nomad

Thanks Highfire for keeping track of the scores!

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Thanks Highfire for keeping track of the scores!

No problem
Since my last post I've only had about 3 games with my sister and father, but it's even easier to beat him by myself now. I remember before my brother (who's much better than my sister) and I (who's better than both of them now ) wouldn't be able to beat him no matter what. Now though I can go a variety of different civilizations (especially the Aztecs) and beat my father for what is mostly single-handedly.

- H
FullyCharged
FullyCharged
8 posts
Nomad

I liked AoE3 better than the rest because of it's graphics, it looked better than the others, IMO.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

I liked AoE3 better than the rest because of it's graphics, it looked better than the others, IMO.

so you don't care for the game play or the story, or anything other than the graphics? shallow

anyways i have AOE 1 and i love it i always play it (albeit i dun have MP for it still fun)
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

so you don't care for the game play or the story, or anything other than the graphics? shallow

Depends what he plays it for. Some games (but I don't think RTS's) need a good graphics horsepower to help it look amazing and thus present something better (mostly First Person Shooters), especially games made for having good graphics (visual games).
Games like RTS's? No chance.

- H
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

Depends what he plays it for. Some games (but I don't think RTS's) need a good graphics horsepower to help it look amazing and thus present something better (mostly First Person Shooters), especially games made for having good graphics (visual games).
Games like RTS's? No chance.

well all i need to be able to do in that game is tell everything apart, and that is done well so the graphics are good enough for me

http://softsupplier.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/age_of_empires_microsoft_screenshot_1.png

^ what i see when i play it. I don't need something like the black ops or FNV graphics those are good graphics to me for that game.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

aoe 1 was annoying the way you cant stack units
aoe 2 was awesome
aoe 3 I havent played it yet
aom was cool but i think it got boring

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Gamer_Cale. . .

Play
A
O
E
Now.
It isn't the best of the series but it is definately worth the money you would pay for it on Amazon (including the expansions, the total price could amount to around £30).

- H

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I personally think AoE 3 was more of a challenge to me. I also liked the advancements in that game.

thokius
thokius
15 posts
Nomad

i think it was the second one, i still play it today some times. it wasn't too simple or too complicated in gameplay or graphics. it also had good music

tangramfool
tangramfool
128 posts
Peasant

I think killing people with swords is more fun than killing people with muskets, so i would say aoe 1, as i dont have 2.
However graphicwise aoe 3 is the best.

SNIPERx13x
SNIPERx13x
100 posts
Nomad

the best age of empire is the second for me, i've played the third but i dont like it

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

I liked the third one a lot but I never played the first two. I thought the graphics in three were very good as was the mechanics but that is just my opinion.

i hate 3, and 2 is the best.. is really epic

Why is that?
Showing 16-30 of 33