ForumsProgramming ForumGameMaker 7

9 4943
Moose
Moose
9 posts
Nomad

Does anybody else know this application? I've used it but only for e3xtremly simple games.

What I'm asking is that is there any site I could go to to get a guide for more advanced games?

• 9 Replies
Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

If you want to get into more serious stuff, read some tutorials on Google. I found this when searching, but there's so many more. As far as programs for more advanced games, if you're not ready to take the plunge into Flash, try XNA. Remember: Game Maker is incredibly simple. You're about to step into tougher stuff.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Never even heard of it before.

You've never heard of Game Maker? God, it's been around for ages. The only thing it's really okay for is making cheap RPGs, but by all means it's a good start.
turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

I gave up on game making....way to hard for me even on gamemaker 7..i would wait till ur done with college and then take some classes

Moose
Moose
9 posts
Nomad

Hmm SwitchFoot good band.

lol I took a little kidy class a year ago that used the program

Oh and if I waited till Im out of college it would be in 9 to 13 years my friend

Moose
Moose
9 posts
Nomad

Go to Yo-Yogames.com and you can download it there

Moose
Moose
9 posts
Nomad

but you have to unfortunately sign-up to the site also (which it too free) I might post the game I made for laughs but it is on the desktop computer when I finally get on it

blah569
blah569
1 posts
Nomad

I used GM along time ago in around 2003-2004. I eventually moved on to more professional programming, like C++/PHP. I do a lot more then just PHP/C++.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I heard of it before its pretty simple but even advanced games look bad I didn't spend much time playing with it before I realized It sucks and moved on to flash >.<"

Moose
Moose
9 posts
Nomad

Ha well it is good for people wh don't know how to write any form of code

Showing 1-9 of 9