ForumsWEPRWrestling why do they do it if its staged?

33 7134
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

well as you now wrestling is fake and its g a y i mean if it was real than i would like since its not i dont. I mean like just imagine before a match they say "ok since you are more popular you get to win i mean that s just dumb

• 33 Replies
Foraii
Foraii
4 posts
Nomad

If you have a problem with it just watch some UFC. Now there's a good show to watch. :P

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

UFC that octagon show? they swear a little to much haha..

I was watching this thing on spike and they said that the wrestler ripped this guys eye out in the fight so they had it staged out and so this wrestler had to make it look like he has a glass eye.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

It is just entertainment... just like most things. Are there still people that think it is real?

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Why do we watch movies? They are staged. It's the same thing. Wrestling has storylines between the fights. It is a lot like a sit-com or soap opera with fighting.

Even though it is staged, the wrestlers go through a lot of pain. That mat is very hard. The ropes are stiff and cause heavy bruising. Wrestlers break bones and get injured often.

When it comes to Ultimate Fighting (UFC), that stuff is real. Those guys beat the crap out of each other, much like boxing.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

Well some movies are based on true events and movies are way cool cause they are all different but in wrestling it is the same thing over and over agian. (wow watching a person get hit with a chair is so awesome NOT)

They get injured on purpose so it look more real to the audiance and yeah we all get hurt when we fly through the air and hit the ground everyone does. And bruising doesn't matter to them at all i get bruised all the time.

Yeah UFC is cool i like it but i dont like the staged crap like ive been explaing the whole time. If WWE was real i wouldn't care
@divine darkness that is the UFC not the WWE

The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

The wrestling industry is based off entertainment. Basically everything to do with athleticism is based off entertainment or roots into entertainment. They have the power to lie in public, even though that shouldn't be allowed in correspondence to my morals. Many people like violence and therefore many people watch attracting advertisers to pay for time on the wrestling broadcasts'. I find people enjoying the violence portrayed in wrestling programs crude to start with but making money off fake violence is that step further.
Even though I totally disagree that wrestling is good entertainment, I would like to also now point out that I do, however, support that anyone can broadcast anything they like. Its the viewers' choice, not mine. No one can control what others watch.

NOTE: Wrestling is fact. Everything is fake. There is fake blood. Fake noises/Amplified noises. Faked news coverage. However all the athleticism to pull it off is present.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Ye but wots the point of looking ripped if u cant fight there all a bunch of sellouts

WildStriker404
WildStriker404
60 posts
Nomad

I forget which Roman emperor said someting like this, but...

...all the people want (collectively) are bread and circuses, it seems.

Entertainment is the mental and emotional equivalent of choosing flight over fight. Many people want to escape from the cares and woes and boredom of "normal" life, if only for a moment. That's why we pay and worship entertainers so much; we value their services highly.

People like being impressed by feats of physical and mental prowess. Pro wrestling gives at least one segment of the population just that, staged or not. As an industry, pro wrestling stages much of the violence because it has invested time and money into the actor-athletes. If too many injure themselves and each other fighting for real, then where's the profit?

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

ye but wot i dont understand is that there are plenty of sports which offer the same thing, boxing for one and ufc which has been mentioned a lot in this thread which is entertaining yet a real sport

Surlent
Surlent
77 posts
Nomad

if u hate it then don't watch it, its that easy

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

They do it because people still watch it and they still make money. Accualy i dont really know if it is staged nor do i care.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I dont watch it surlent i just think its patheitic these huge muscly men writhing around on the floor as if theyv just been shot

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Its like any other show. Do Guys at medieval times actually try to slit each others throats? no. And the Wrestlers do not get mad when they have to lose, why do they care? They are like any other actors, they are payed to do what they are told and to follow the story. They rehearse it, and act on stage, the same way a play would be acted out. Why do you think it looks like they are completely anticipating the others move? Because they are.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

But the way they shamelessley pretend to be badass is real sad and only losers watch it

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

wrestling is staged because if wrestling would be real the wrestlers would get hurt to often and to critical so they keep it entertaining and injuryfree also drestro your answer does not help

Showing 16-30 of 33