ForumsThe Tavern[old] Ever think of Military School?

27 4370
lllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllll
187 posts
Nomad

Well, some high-schoolers go to Military School than staying in high-school.

Is it really that good to go to Military School? Just curious...

• 27 Replies
soldier7
soldier7
148 posts
Nomad

millitary school is the best it really teaches those spoilt brats what life is about

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Maybe. It sure helps with discipline though.

Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

I hate Military School, it includes:

Getting waked up very very early with a horn
Doing push ups very often
Teenager Abusement

and much more horrible things.
Lintire
Lintire
114 posts
Nomad

Well, the main reason people join the military is to protect their country or whatever. Glory and honour is optional, though surely is a primary motivation to enlist. Some people still join to kill. Hopefully mentally unstable people are warded off.

Well, that's really a shallow reason to me to enlist in Military school - for glory, honour, peace and bloodshed, I'd enlist in the army itself after a few years spent having fun at a normal highschool - Military school isn't going to give you nearly enough of a boost there to warrant joining. No, I'd have to say that most people that I know who would join are either looking for a headstart in a training regime to join right out of highschool, or they get their kicks out of discipline.

My brother is actually one of the latter. Sometimes I just have trouble remembering that what appeals to me can be horrifying as a prospect to someone else, and vise versa.
Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Teenager Abusement

Yes, there are some, I know one in Jamaica who messed up my friend pretty bad about 10 years ago... The government closed it down because of the abuse.

The ones in the United States aren't abusive, physically at least. I've heard good things from some students, and bad things from others. All the people I know went because they were troubled kids or teens, they are really correction schools rather than just a boarding school.
deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

Sorry to bud in in your personal life but how's your friend now

Voyageur
Voyageur
79 posts
Nomad

Sometimes, I think about going there. Kinda for the action, kinda to serve my country. Cough, cough, USA cough cough. But, Honestly I have no idea whatsoever.

superjake
superjake
4 posts
Nomad

Yes. Like many private boarding schools, military boarding schools have excellent facilities that aid in giving students a well-rounded education. Children will be able to explore and gain new skills because of the many opportunities given them. There's a strong emphasis on physical activities and there are non-compulsory military exercises and drills included in the curriculum, which will help students who go into military high schools in order to enter military universities later.

superjake
superjake
4 posts
Nomad

In addition, it's easier to give students indvidualized attention in military boarding schools for boys because class sizes are relatively smaller than mainstream public schools. It also makes building a good relationship with fellow students and teachers a lot easier.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

yeah i thought about it
but i thought bad things about it!

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

Yeah well , you learn tolerance over there
And I like LAZINESS!!! LOL
military school is a big no-no for me.

superjake
superjake
4 posts
Nomad

Yes, the combination of residential living and education makes it easier for kids to transition from one activity to another. Since virtually no time is spent in transport, kids have more time to pursue their interests and develop talents in music, art, drawing, writing or engineering. If you want to learn more about this, visit our website.

Showing 16-27 of 27