ForumsSupport ForumGame auto-login

17 4169
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, just wanted to send a quick note that Joey and I are working on the game auto-login function that's only sorta-kinda worked over the past few weeks. We found we had moderate success in Firefox on several platforms, but not in other browsers. We're hoping to finish solving it today.

Cheers,
Ian/Cormyn

• 17 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

We got the code written and tested today, and we'll launch it on Monday. (we don't generally launch new features on Fridays so we can relax and enjoy our weekends too ya know)

We've tested pretty extensively on Linux/Chrome, Linux/Firefox, Windows/Chrome, Windows/Firefox, Windows/Opera, Windows/IE, Windows/Safari, Mac/Firefox, Mac/Chrome and Mac/Safari ... whew. That should just about cover it.

If anyone sees any problems once we launch, feel free to comment here.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

What if I don't want to log in? :P This will sure save on the hassle of logging in every time a score needs to be sent for a newly loaded game.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

What if I don't want to log in? :P

Olol

-----

Dang, you guys got right on it once the Feedback thing was filled up with questions about it.
Can't wait to try it out.

This will sure save on the hassle of logging in every time a score needs to be sent for a newly loaded game.
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

Auto-login should be working for everyone now. You may need to clear your browser cache and then log back into the site, but then any game where you can build game shares (ie, castles in CTC2) or games that use high scores, you should auto-login now.

I think the only exception right now is Exit Path 'cause John did something funny in his code. Be sure to Email him to harass him about it if you want it fixed. Mention how much you hate spray-painted cats too, that'll spur him on.

Do let us know if you see problems with the auto-login feature by letting us know which platform (PC, Mac, Linux), which browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc) and the version of your browser. Remember to try clearing your browser cache first!

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Great news Ian. Thanks for the update!

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Be sure to Email him to harass him about it if you want it fixed. Mention how much you hate spray-painted cats too, that'll spur him on.

Exit-Path's code predates the auto-login code and therefore is immune to such accusations. Let it be shown that the rest of that paragraph is therefore stricken due to the lack of truth presented to our wonderful AG users.

I can only guess to why he would write something like this, but my guess is that Cormyn is bitter over some sort of loss (like losing his directory of cat photos on his inferior OS). I would post some LOLCat pictures on his profile page to help him feel better. Maybe five or six apiece. That should do it.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I sense some inner-office tension...

cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

Nah, John's cool, he even let me ride shotgun in his car at lunch and echoed my firm belief that his Palm Pre Plus is a &quotiece of crap" (his words, not mine).

Ya know, John, for such an inferior OS as Linux, the Android phone you're drooling over runs a Linux kernel. ;o)

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Ya know, John, for such an inferior OS as Linux, the Android phone you're drooling over runs a Linux kernel. ;o)

DON'T HATE ON LINUX, USING IT RIGHT NOW.

it's efficient. xD
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

it's efficient. xD

Good thing there's Wine and it's good none of the Mac haters are here right now.
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Nice one, I'm not playing many games atm but still a useful update for when I do fancy it xD

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Cormyn, do we need to start a Palm vs. Android vs. iPhone thread now? Let you guys hash it out with an audience!

r4ngefails
r4ngefails
1 posts
Nomad

how can i add the games

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

r4ngefails, check your profile. I've responded to you there.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I'm banking on the iPhone to win if that is the case.

Showing 1-15 of 17