The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumHow do I...?

16 10754
Magnite7
Magnite7
5 posts
Nomad

Ok.. I'm making a game with RPG Maker XP and I want it so when it starts up that it says I made it.. You know like when you play a game on Armor Games its has the like shield and swords and it says Armor Games.. Anyone know how?

• 16 Replies
PBMCube
PBMCube
29 posts
Nomad

What a wonderful game creator! It seems that all you have to do is import a picture of your logo. If you want to animate it then that will take some extra thought. I would approach it as a part of the game and animate the logo as you would do for any of the characters.

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
376 posts
Nomad

Magnite the logo is the least of your concerns....if you cant handle that then can you handle a game?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

nqkoi, everyone has to start somewhere. For all you know the basis of his game could be revolutionary.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

If you wanted to put the logo in your preloader, there are instructions on how to make one here: http://www.smartwebby.com/Flash/Flash_simple_preloader.asp

If you don't want to do it that way, then I would imagine you could do it by playing a movie clip before the game begins.

Magnite7
Magnite7
5 posts
Nomad

Thank you guys very much! Oh, and nqkoi1 I have already made my game and it currently is in Beta testing.. So yea i can handle it!

PBMCube
PBMCube
29 posts
Nomad

Carlie - your recommended flash loader wont work in RPG Maker. You would have to create the flash loader as machine byte code then import. However, RPG Maker would require a new C++ library to do even that.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I am used to people using Flash, sorry ^_^

Can't help you out too much with that one then... but I would imagine it would work similar that you could make a movie or a graphic that you could set to play before the menu screen appears.

Magnite7
Magnite7
5 posts
Nomad

OH, well for anybody who knows I have created my image to put on now i just need to know how to put it on.

PBMCube
PBMCube
29 posts
Nomad

I publically apologize Carlie. I was too harsh. Please forgive. You are a recognized authority on this forum; and being new, I didn't realize your background and respect you hold amoung members. You post valid and helpful information.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Oh no, you were fine, really I wasn't offended, just felt a little sheepish I read the topic wrong. Believe me, I have had much worse on the forums ^_^ Thank you for the thought though, it was very considerate of you.

aarondhines
aarondhines
5 posts
Nomad

I dont get it

aarondhines
aarondhines
5 posts
Nomad

whats the question?

vStorm
vStorm
9 posts
Nomad

You are a recognized authority on this forum; and being new, I didn't realize your background and respect you hold amoung members. You post valid and helpful information.[quote] just because he is everything you said no need to ride PBMcube lol

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Soo... you revived a thread that is 3,5 years old to say "I don't get it"?

LennonTheMage
LennonTheMage
55 posts
Nomad

PixelSmash, you are officially my hero. Sorry I didn't mean to add onto the comment of this, but this is just hilarious.

Showing 1-15 of 16