ForumsPopular MediaFavorite Genre of music?

281 98746
Legenduninfected
Legenduninfected
291 posts
Nomad

I like Punk the best!

So.. yeah

• 281 Replies
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

i was putting the subject into general terms because those that don't really listen to metal generalize it. i wasn't breaking it down into subgenres b/c the ones that listen to other types of music and just kind of look at metal as the "black sheep" (SA reference ....:3 ) of music don't get any deeper than the surface. i wasn't saying there was no metal but power metal (most of those bands have their fair share of non-power metal songs)... the only one i personally put a definite "class" on is Van Canto... and that would be a capella metal.

leegrace
leegrace
38 posts
Nomad

Each and every genre, i am die-hard fan of music.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

Metalcore/hardcore/deathcore and dubstep are my favorites

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

atm Techno, switches around

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

I'm into ska-punk right now too

Guitarstring
Guitarstring
52 posts
Nomad

Alternative rock and I love indie bands because they're music is great.

coshkun
coshkun
169 posts
Nomad

I like more Gothic metal & Neo-classical metal music.
Because they're music is great.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

they are music is great.. twice in a row D:

coshkun
coshkun
169 posts
Nomad

Thanks! ^^
ska-punk is great too.
The Toasters and Reel Big Fish are important groups.

pollogildo
pollogildo
2 posts
Bard

indiemusicmakemyheartbeatfast

crazydumdum
crazydumdum
204 posts
Nomad

Anything angry. Violent even. lol

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Oldies and Power Metal are my favourite favourites, but I like a lot of different genres. Mostly things that either sound melodic or rock-ish.

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,931 posts
Peasant

I have really been liking Ska punk bands lately. I also like metal with a sort of middle eastern/latin sound to it.

Example Bands:

Disturbed

System of a Down

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

My personal favorite is Alternative, with some Rock mixed in. I like it because it's such a wide range of music, and I like almost all the music within those genres.

I do know certain "metal" bands (I'll try and lump them under the name Metal because i don't want to go into specifics that much). such as Atreyu (metalcore, verging on mainstream), A Day To Remember (post-hardcore), and As I Lay Dying (metalcore). My brother really likes those kinds of bands, so I've been exposed to them as well. Still, I don't really like it all that much, I'd rather stick with Alternative.

My friends at school make fun of me because I listen to alternative (they listen to hip-hop and pop). Darnit.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,366 posts
Nomad

It's a tie between rock and metal for me. Rush = best rock band ever. And they're Canadian.

Showing 91-105 of 281