Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

AG3 new ranks.

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 10:20am

knight_34

knight_34

14,286 posts

Earl and Count are the same! Change "Earl" to "Count" and take away the other "Count". Also why would you want to have two Countess ranks?

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 10:24am

Efan

Efan

3,165 posts

i think we should draw the line at two in between ranks in Lew of my original idea.

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 10:25am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,489 posts

So there's no female 'Earl', it's just Countess again? That is a problem...But just one. The rest is fine!

As for the matter of the length between rank increases...They should be lengthened, but not by too much. Make the rank jumps significantly harder to obtain.

Also, I'm highly in favor of having Earl instead of Count, because Count/Countess is almost as drab as having Prince and Princess. Variety!

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 10:28am

knight_34

knight_34

14,286 posts

The Count of Monte Cristo.. Argh.

Well, you prefer Earl, I prefer Count. The world is round. Let's just wait for Cormyn and that blog post. Then we can commence the outpouring of idea after idea.

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 10:28am

Efan

Efan

3,165 posts

Earl. and the other?

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 10:30am

Efan

Efan

3,165 posts

Apprentice before knight i think is good.

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 10:33am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,489 posts

Earl/Countess, Count/Countess? Somewhat the same concept of Duke/Duchess.

Apprentice before knight i think is good.

I would step up and say "that's not how it was because squires turned into knights in the medieval era" but I would be eating my own words at that point.

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 10:36am

knight_34

knight_34

14,286 posts

Well, before "earl" was equivalent to "count", it was indeed akin to "duke". Who cares, earl and count are still separate ranks.

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 10:39am

Efan

Efan

3,165 posts

I would step up and say "that's not how it was because squires turned into knights in the medieval era" but I would be eating my own words at that point.

no i don't mind. i am just trying to think of a rank in the squire/knight area.

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 4:41pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,805 posts

@MrDeeCay's list thingamabob.
I thing you should put soldier after squire because wouldn't a soldier be more important than it? And I agree with the other people that you should replace 'Count' with 'Earl'. Etc. Yeah. Everything else is fine.