ForumsGamesShattered Colony: The Survivors Player Made Maps

203 192743
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

<map name="Alexandria " difficulty="1" sizeX="50" sizeY="50" startX="30" startY="11" >
<terrain>
b24c518f9a510471eda6fcf158dafd20.eNotklu6ojAQhNOXJ
M1Vo8h4cBSBENRzljCrm5VPR4eH+n4Kurpz8dY+0H97jM77CO4
lMDuvsonsm0NX1mVZ41lwhuG0BxCVWXrm6mzQE9Y98NL0nsMXs
bPY6ft66olPvwxYEZBhD/dBnBtrw4WNw97b+wH1Z7FD69HeBRx
NUjh5TC3R3JobWeKoPG0q284AY5qOiHOHgMbhEoDTFNQIBhBdi
oFwVQagFPXH9WgMmGbdAvFDfSbn0hEwDn0h01UImXDpQWC47WG
KveP1S5MY4uCA4oWomTfVx9WQp3kYy+o2Mv5BjCNUtI6WaVsX6
7fFMHVNkgui/Db6SKqU6wu8uVVu3z6loHx4c5M65dPHx/ICO2y
y7LMcVajX7wRyRYAqS5slZOmuDCncEMNojO5GapV34//WyvX4a
S3KxdtvQO45KEubJahM3Y25uzvD5tHNuojF6GlICpNOOeVoSq3
ybv5MXynXc6nskigX07slyIJgqiVHZwlZujXPGDUoYg6CkBBSq
8YuahE0qU26L1s+JV3AQ/mpHcGlsGnRxtmH8NSiSovq1ViywlV
CTqKGrO5dKZpSbOYzk6YUT70PeusOLyJTO3mV6PwLyMlPCd56T
G54BfCn7zO608sCd4n5byrQiCW9Pv8A9C4nhA
</terrain>
</map>

Heres my map enjoy B)
  • 203 Replies
simonjohn
simonjohn
5 posts
Shepherd

what storyline ??
did you ever share the maps you made ??

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

i did it twice but i lost the maps and when i made them i didn't knew this forum was here so i shared them in a comment...

but now imma (kind of) making a serie of rooms.

ShadyFae
ShadyFae
5 posts
Nomad

http://auriga-squad.appspot.com/get/agxhdXJpZ2Etc3F1YWRyCwsSA01hcBjKzDIM

My first ever map. I've played it and beaten it numerous times though it's hardly easy. Hope you enjoy. Feel free to leave me feedback.

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

nice map =D

not really "hard" but i gave it a medium =3

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

btw anybody got any ideas to make map about?

i can do anything what is in the turorial (so own briefing, in-game text and waves)

ShadyFae
ShadyFae
5 posts
Nomad

I find it more challenging then the random quartermaster maps where you pretty quickly have an unlimited supply of resources and survivors. Not to say it's a nailbiter. Anyways my first go at it.

Having massive trouble learning how to script from scratch. I feel to make levels actually challenging I need to figure out how to manipulate the spawn rate or amount or spawn point. Any advice welcome!

Otherwise it just seems to be test playing over, and over, and over, to fine tune how many resources vs. how many zombies they have to kill in order to force the player to be ultra careful or run out of bullets and die. Again.. any input is welcome.

Love the game! So thankful we can play it and DL it and map make. It's something I'll be tinkering with for years to come... unless a version 2 comes out. ^^

simonjohn
simonjohn
5 posts
Shepherd

shady your map wouldnt work :S

ShadyFae
ShadyFae
5 posts
Nomad

That's because somehow the link has the invisible html code of this comment reply in it. Just cut the last two open and close paragraph tags and the My off the end of the link. You can click the link... then when it says it doesn't work... go up to the address bar...press backspace 9 individual times.... then press enter.

Or I can try to link it again here. Dunno if it will work but here goes.

http://auriga-squad.appspot.com/get/agxhdXJpZ2Etc3F1YWRyCwsSA01hcBjKzDIM

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

Shafy go to the first forum past...

there duerig posted the links for the tutorails...

click then on safe map and you get the codes for everything (duerig himself wanted me to read this =D (don't ask me why XD)

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

and about the game testing...

when i make levels i think about (almost) EVERYTHING before i really begin.

it will take longer but then you too get the perfect levels =3

(if both of these helped then please tell me =D!)

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

but anybody got a idea for me to make map about? DX 3X

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Wow I thought this thread died, now its up to 11 pages lol. So from what I read you can basically script your own levels, waves and all the other events that happen within the game? I bet if the game allowed scripting of units and player buildings it would be awesome, idk is it possible to make a flash game where graphics and such can be linked via url on runtime? Then possibly a multiplayer option lolz just that would crush all other Zombie flash games

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

lolz...

but with flash it's not possible =P

ShadyFae
ShadyFae
5 posts
Nomad

I thought I mentioned I downloaded the tutorial levels and looked at them. I have 0 experience scripting however so working of an example with no assistance or direction is very difficult. At least for me because I have no experience. I do think out a general plan for my level before I begin but I let it grow and change organicly as I design.

As a side note nothing ever comes out 'erfect'. Not sure it's possible. There's almost always room for improvement. Sometimes only slight improvements but still... then it's not perfect.

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

shady i too have no experience with it...
(btw i think he made his own codes XD)

but if you just think logical you can get out =D (look at the words

Showing 91-105 of 203