ForumsNews and FeedbackFriends on AG

28 8500
valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

I was just thinking, that on the new AG3, could there possibly be away to see if your freinds are online, so that it makes it easier to know if you want to talk to them or not?

• 28 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

When AG3 is ready, it should immediately replace AG2, barring any circumstances where an Internet Provider caches the addresses of the AG2 servers, but even that should resolve fairly quickly. As we get closer to launch date, I'll be sure to update our "DNS" servers so users should all get AG3 at the same time.

I think @valkery was asking whether we'd leave this site up and running even after AG3 is launched, but AG3 will replace AG2 completely.

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

cormyn, one more question if you know this, would we be able to change the time to our own time zones on AG3.0? Or will it be a set time zone again? Minor thing I know, but I'm just curious xP

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I'll keep archived versions of the current site for nostalgic purposes.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

archive.org and their "way back machine" will do that for you, Knight.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

@BlackVortex, We're already looking into time-zone related stuff, 'cause I agree, it's funny to see that my most recent reply is 3 hours ahead because our current servers are on the east coast somewhere.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

The Wayback Machine leaves something to be desired in some areas.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Oh, I also recall AG's server being located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

is there going to be a release date for AG3 yet? official or good 5 day aproximation

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

No ETA yet. We'll post a schedule in the AG3 forum when we have a better idea.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

i just used that wayback machine to find games of gondor and ag1 and it AWESOME!!!!!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, we used it here last week too to pull up Games of Gondor, just for some nostalgia.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

I think @valkery was asking whether we'd leave this site up and running even after AG3 is launched, but AG3 will replace AG2 completely.

It does sound like the best option to do and besides... why should AG2 be kept running next to the new AG3? Don't see the point of that...

I'll keep archived versions of the current site for nostalgic purposes.

Thanx for the reminder knight_34! I almost forgot to make some printscreens from the current version... it was nice to see 'Games of Gondor' when you showed me too!

Oh wait... what's that then?! 0_o It does it for you or something?
Can someone explain it a little more to this wondering whabbit... pleeezzz... (^u*u^)

We're already looking into time-zone related stuff

Excellent! The more I hear about AG3, the more exciting I become! Huzzaah! =D
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

the archive.org team (or it might just be one guy) makes archived copies of as many web sites as possible, and will even mark when they crawled the site for content and whether any of that content changed from the last time they were there.

It's funny to use to go back and look at old copies of Yahoo, CNN, etc.

Showing 16-28 of 28